Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heros.

• 07-07-2005 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Seems as the MMA community didn't care much for this event. Royler Gracie got a win by decision. Rodrigo Gracie won also. Bob Sapp beat that oversized russian Karaev.

Full Results.
    1 Izuru Takeuchi Hiromitsu Miura TKO 2:35 2
    2 Rodrigo Gracie Kiuma Kunioku Decision (Unanimous) 5:00 2
    3 Bob Sapp Alan Karaev KO (Punch) 3:44 1
    4 Yoshihiro Akiyama Carl Toomey Submission (Armbar) 0:59 1
    5 Ray Sefo Min Soo Kim KO (Kick) 0:30 2
    6 Akira Kikuchi Katsuya Inoue TKO (Punches) 1:41 2
    7 Hideo Tokoro Alexandre Franca Nogueira KO (Spinning Back Fist) 0:08 3
    8 Hiroyuki Takaya Jani Lax TKO 1:56 1
    9 Royler Gracie Koji Yoshida Decision (Majority) 5:00 2
    10 Kazuyuki Miyata Arslan Magomedov Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 2:49 1
    11 Remigijus Morkevicius Takehiro Murahama KO 1:14 1
    12 Peter Aerts Wakashoyo Wakashoyo TKO (Punches) 1:36 1
    13 Norifumi Yamamoto Ian James Schaffa TKO 1:23 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No interest as expected :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Millionaire

Intersting to see KO by spinning back fist. I did n't people did them anymore :) used to be a great ol kickboxing move.

seems to have faded away.

maybe I am wrong though. I am not a TV watcher , so dont get to see all this cool cage stuff very much. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

goes to show that it takes more than deep pockets to put on a top liner mma event - k1 cant simply buy their way to the top

Intersting to see KO by spinning back fist. I did n't people did them anymore :) used to be a great ol kickboxing move.

seems to have faded away.

maybe I am wrong though. I am not a TV watcher , so dont get to see all this cool cage stuff very much. :(

It's in a ring ;)

That guy who got ko'd by spinning back gist was like the longest reigning champion in MMA. It was quite an upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭EPO_MAN

cmb. wrote:
    goes to show that it takes more than deep pockets to put on a top liner mma event - k1 cant simply buy their way to the top

K1 can and will!!
    K1 rocks!!

Tonight I had the choice of a load of idiots on The ultimate fighter or K1....eh K1

actually what a load of tossers in the Ultimate fighter...have they ever heard of courtesy...i'm aware it's a repeat.....and I'd better watch what I say cos forrest Griffin won the light heavy...and he is SBGi ...and I'd be afraid....very afraid of upsetting the SBG people cos their MMA might stomp me into the ground....oh...i'd better shut up now.....right about now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Two things that strike me watching the contestants on the Ultimate Fighter

1) They get a chance like that to train with the best and they go on the razz???

2) Most of them are w@nkers. They have very little respect for each other and lack even common courtesy as EPO man says.

Not being biased but by and large Forrest seems one of the cooler ones and should be a great character in MMA. What the sport needs more of.

I had the liberty of seeing the ultimate fighter as it happened. I loved it. There were a great range of characters. Stick a bunch of guys in a house and you get a clash of personalities. It's bound to happen. I thought Josh Koscheck was a dickhead. Forrest is one cool guy. Chris Leben has some personal issues but overall he's a good guy and a really good fighter.

For the next season, they should do less of the stupid challenges (which they are) and show more training, sparring ect..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

EPO_MAN wrote:
    K1 can and will!!
    K1 rocks!!

Tonight I had the choice of a load of idiots on The ultimate fighter or K1....eh K1

actually what a load of tossers in the Ultimate fighter...have they ever heard of courtesy...i'm aware it's a repeat.....and I'd better watch what I say cos forrest Griffin won the light heavy...and he is SBGi ...and I'd be afraid....very afraid of upsetting the SBG people cos their MMA might stomp me into the ground....oh...i'd better shut up now.....right about now.

What's the point of the above rant EPO_MAN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Thank you Tim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Merci.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Tokoro ist getricksy!

EDIT: THANKS FOR THE LINK TIM!

That Bob Sapp fight was so sloppy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

EPO_MAN wrote:
    K1 can and will!!
    K1 rocks!!

what exactly is your point? - is it that you prefer k1 or a k1 mma show to an american reality show for aspiring mma fighters? - fair enough - strange comparison, but fair enough

what i am getting at is that although k1 has deep pockets their match making leaves a lot to be desired - they have some good fighters - sudo, royler, bj and will generate some interest with having k1 stars try out in mma but they dont compare to a pride, ufc, euphoria, shooto, kotc etc etc event - imho despite the money they are throwing at these shows - time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭EPO_MAN

What's the point of the above rant EPO_MAN?

I don't know!!
    I'm just back from oxegen - I was working secuirty there - never again people are just animals who can talk. I have no faith in humanity after all that.
    Kinda forget what i was on about before I went.

Probably I was annoyed at the fighter - cos i cannot get the time spend watching it back.

I hated the way they they couldn't take the result of a match well (most of them not all I'm aware). even the winners felt they had to abuse the loser or make "jock" style commment that would be seen in a teen high school slasher film.

And also just trying to wind up you SBG guys cos it's fun....
    Sorry guys - but SBG(or all MMA really) on a high horse is a joy to behold.

Advertisement