Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the Arts repeats?

Options
  • 07-07-2005 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Are they in the same place every year, my cousin had his in Blackrock last year? Anyone know?
    (In first year by the way!)
    Thanks!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They're probably gonna be the middle 2 weeks in August. And I can practically guarantee that they're gonna be in Blackrock. Fun to get to early in the morning :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

It's almost a pity I have none.

It would be much easier for me to get there than the RDS, could even stop off on the way home for tea at my grannys:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Ah yeah Caerysfort Avenue is lovely.

God knows, that's probably why I keep going back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Christ on a bicycle, its insanity! Last year I moved onto Careysfort Avenue the day after my last repeat. This year I'm moving to Bray at the start of the second week of August. So will still have to travel like a madman to get there! :mad: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

wat buses go near there? is the dart close?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Carysfort Avenue, being in Blackrock, is remarkably near the dart.

From town the no.7 goes nearby, the 46a is a 15min walk away and the 17 goes close enough as well.

It's a reasonably sized campus (nothing on belfield) so leave good time on your first day to find which exam hall you're in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

The 46a is a good 25minute/30minute walk. Its doable but its not the most pleasant really.

The 17, 45, 7 & DART all stop in the village so are about a 5 minute walk from it.

Great thanks! Hopefully its not as intimidating as the RDS! that place is scary!!

Yeah the 46A is really too far away to be useful unless (20-25 mins).

(a) you were really stuck.
    (b) you fancy the walk (taking the right route it could be quite pleasant)
    (b) you wanted to stop in my grannys for a cup of tea and a slice of cake (it would be on your way to/from the bus).

Map for cake.

map_carysfort_CAKE.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

mmm, that cake looks tempting! I almost wish we had repeats in 4th year now...

Great thanks! are the repeats harder in economics anyone know!! did a lot of people fail??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Just remember there's no darts on saturdays, if you have exams on saturday you'll have to bus.

depending on where you're coming from, the 7, 7A, 45, 114, 115 and 17 all go through blackrock village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

theCzar wrote:
    Just remember there's no darts on saturdays, if you have exams on saturday you'll have to bus.

Oh feck! :mad:

What did u fail?
    Did a lot fail economics? I don't wanna be the only one repeating!!

What did u fail?
    Did a lot fail economics? I don't wanna be the only one repeating!!

I'm actually a Sociology dork but I share your anguish in the fact that we have to repeat and study during the summer. 1st exam for me on Saturday August 13th and that = getting DART as far as town and then bus...... grrrrrrrrr :mad:

You could camp on the island in the lake.

I've spoken to the swans, they said that seen as how the cygnets have grown up and left they wouldn't mind you staying the summer. They're not looking for money either, just a few information studies tutorials 'cos they've their repeats in a few weeks.

kasintahan wrote:

I've spoken to the swans, they said that seen as how the cygnets have grown up and left they wouldn't mind you staying the summer. They're not looking for money either, just a few information studies tutorials 'cos they've their repeats in a few weeks.

Thanks for that info Kas! :)

No problemo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

kasintahan wrote:

I've spoken to the swans, they said that seen as how the cygnets have grown up and left they wouldn't mind you staying the summer.

You spoke to the swans eh? I always had my doubts about you. Behold! Kasintahan is really this guy!

• Advertisement

Imagine if you were the only one in the whole year to fail and they had 2 set repeats just for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

I heard nobody failed economics, that it was a pisseasy exam. You probably WILL be the only one sitting the exam. Just you and a few invigilators in a massive hall.

You spoke to the swans eh? I always had my doubts about you. Behold! Kasintahan is really this guy!

Nah, I just had a quiet word with them.

swan_ninja.jpg

Blut wrote:
    I heard nobody failed economics, that it was a pisseasy exam. You probably WILL be the only one sitting the exam. Just you and a few invigilators in a massive hall.

WHAT!!! you are NOT serious, I know two other people who failed!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Don't mind him blondie86 - he's a bit of an eejit, just likes making ppl feel bad! Anyway there will definitely be a good few ppl there (this came from a friend of mine who failed it last year), and it is not a piss-easy subject :) In 2nd year I failed a fairly easy subject in eng, probably the easiest out of the 12 we had to do (had given up on studying by that stage :o ) Anyway I was sure I'd be the only one there to repeat it, but about 20% of my class did! Interestingly in electronic engineering there's never been an unsubscribed repeat exam - well not for 2nd or 3rd year anyway (no repeats in 4th!)

P.S. Kas I'm loving your new ninja look! :D

blondie83 wrote:

Thanks :) I put at least 5 minutes work into it, that glint off the antique Gurkha took a while to perfect!

blondie83 wrote:
    Don't mind him blondie86 - he's a bit of an eejit, just likes making ppl feel bad! Anyway there will definitely be a good few ppl there (this came from a friend of mine who failed it last year), and it is not a piss-easy subject :) In 2nd year I failed a fairly easy subject in eng, probably the easiest out of the 12 we had to do (had given up on studying by that stage :o ) Anyway I was sure I'd be the only one there to repeat it, but about 20% of my class did! Interestingly in electronic engineering there's never been an unsubscribed repeat exam - well not for 2nd or 3rd year anyway (no repeats in 4th!)

Thanks! I was worried there for a while, itd jus be the three of us. How embarrassing would that be!

I'd probably guesstimate that about 20-25% failed 1st year Economics because anyone who I knew doing Economics said that for alot of the 9am lectures there would only be 100 people or so there and that = dosserdom = failure...... most of the time. :rolleyes:

kasintahan wrote:
    Nah, I just had a quiet word with them.

swan_ninja.jpg

Holy sh!t! Even just looking at the eyes you can tell that it is actually Kas behinD the balaclava. :)

Go easy on those swans Kas! :eek:

• Advertisement

:)

I'm nice to the swans.
    I feed them, they're particularly partial to the Chillie Cheeze sandwiches from the SU shop.
    Next time I see them I'll check if they like mustard, I got some new mild German wholegrain stuff that tastes fantastic - none of that Colmans muck for our swans (besides, it would burn the throat off them - might try if out on the ducks first to be sure to be sure :p ).

Advertisement