Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the Arts repeats?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Kas I've just noticed that in that picture you appear to have a tape measure around your head...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

blondie83 wrote:
    Kas I've just noticed that in that picture you appear to have a tape measure around your head...!

:) that's quite correct. it was the first thing that came to hand, besides I think it adds to the Monty Pythonesq theme :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Most subjects have about a 20% fail rate in first arts. Nobody failed my course this year as far as I know, which is pretty cool. If I passed I should hope everyone else did, otherwise destination : shizzle creek sans paddle, one way ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Out of 5 people from my school who did 1st year Arts this year not even one of us passed all of our subjects and from what I know (providing I pass my repeat exam) I'll be the only one sticking with the course.

I wonder how many other stories there are like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Out of 5 people from my school who did 1st year Arts this year not even one of us passed all of our subjects and from what I know (providing I pass my repeat exam) I'll be the only one sticking with the course.

I wonder how many other stories there are like that?

ah well blame Ms O' R for convincing everyone arts was the best thing since sliced bread :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

blondie, is it just economics ur repeating? i left that after a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Yeah, I heard it was easy peasy! how wrong i was....damn 9 oclock lectures!

tribulus wrote:
    ah well blame Ms O' R for convincing everyone arts was the best thing since sliced bread :(

No way trib she was fantastic. She hinted to me not to choose CA in DCU as my no.1 subject and boy was she spot on. A certain apparent computer whizz who sat next to me last year only passed 1 out of 5 subjects in it. If he failed jaysus what would I have been like! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

No way trib she was fantastic.

Oh she was "fantastic", was she?
    Oh do go on ;)

SebtheBum wrote:
    Oh she was "fantastic", was she?
    Oh do go on ;)

You've got such a dirty mind Sebastian! :D

And yeah she was ''fantastic''............... in preventing me from doing CA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Career Guidance teachers... has anyone else ever noticed that they all seem to have had at least four proper, full-time, life-y jobs each before falling into career guidance? I had four in secondary school - the first was crap, had had 6 jobs before teaching religion and careers and left to have babies. The second was crap, had had 5 different jobs, taught cspe, religion and careers, and left to jump in a lake/off a bridge/ go back to america... The third was like the first one, but came back after having the babies. Unfortunately. Just no religion, and german instead. Finally, the fourth was a failed priest amongst other things, and couldn't guide his way out of a wet paper bag with a map.

You're better off figuring out your own path.

Advertisement