Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availability in Boroimhe Swords???

• 07-07-2005 2:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭

Thinking of moving to Boroimhe in Swords. Can anyone confirm that DSL is available there? Is it within the acceptable distance of the exchange for BB?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Just ordered BT BB in Ridgewood. Eircom (who just installed my line) said it's ok for BB. Not sure about Boroimhe though, sorry!

Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

A friend of mine has DSL in Boroimhe so it shouldn't be a problem.

I saw a post recently that Clearwire (www.clearwire.ie) were doing Wireless in Swords Village but I'm not sure if it would reach as far as Boroimhe.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

emm eircom and esat shouldnt b an issue, i no IBB are gonna b out here in sept appartently, they bn talking bout setting up here for ages,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

splinter wrote:
    emm eircom and esat shouldnt b an issue, i no IBB are gonna b out here in sept appartently, they bn talking bout setting up here for ages,

Could you think before you type as you have a full QWERTY keyboard in front of you and not a mobile alpha-numeric keypad!!!
    I get headaches reading paragraphs such as above..."nd I no eyem nt d ownley wan!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I live in Boroimhe and I'm connected to UTV Clicksilver, took 6 months to get the phone line sorted, but it's definitely available now......so any of the Eircom resellers should be fine, Wireless is a different story, there's supposed to be Wireless in Rolestown which is just up the road but I've not been contacted back at all by the companies I sent queries to with regards to wireless in Swords - either they hadn't setup yet or it wasn't available...... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

I live in Boroimhe Laurels, and i had no problem getting DSL with UTV i have since moved to BT. My Next door neighbour recently got IBB in. So you would be sorted

Flop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CnSky

I spent a bit of time making enquiries about DSL in Boroimhe Cedars. Originally ordered IBB they have a high site in the Airport but they couldnt get a line of sight due to Apartment blocks in the way. They probably could have but they were not willing to go to the roof on the three storey blocks.. well they didnt have a ladder high enough so no go! Eventually I decided to go with Eircom Home Starter which is working fine although I'm worried about exceeding my download/upload limits. If this happened then I can always convince Netscape that I'm a home business user!

CnSky

Advertisement