Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead NTL Cable Modem

• 07-07-2005 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    My cable modems stopped working lastnight. The Sync and Ready lights are not coming on. I went through the disconnecting the power process that they talk you through on the ntl helpline but no joy. So the girl said I need to have a service call and next week is soonest they can do it.

Has anyone else had a modem just die suddenly like this?

Does every body have the same modem? A small silver one?

Cheers
    Wavey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Wavey wrote:
    Morning all,
    My cable modems stopped working lastnight. The Sync and Ready lights are not coming on. I went through the disconnecting the power process that they talk you through on the ntl helpline but no joy. So the girl said I need to have a service call and next week is soonest they can do it.

Cheers
    Wavey

You have an Ambit cable modem.

Have a look here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

I'm having some problems at moment,they were going to send out a technican today but rang me and said that there was a problem in my area(kimmage) and they cancelled the technican.They said they will try and sort it but if its not sorted I've to ring them tomorrow.

Seems ill be on phone so,modem constantly cuts out so I've to reset it.Pain in the arrse I can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Redmonda

Unlikely that the cable modem has died, though possible. More likely is a connection fault of some sort at a junction somewhere along the way, either inside or outside the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Wavey wrote:
    Morning all,

Cheers
    Wavey

those modems have a very low fail rate , so I'd say its something else ...

whats the exact state of all the lights ?

Advertisement