Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerrard Conspiracy Theory

• 07-07-2005 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭

ok bear with me here, but how about this for a conspiracy theory. This whole Gerrard "Im off, Wait no, Im Not" thing served only one real purpose yesterday - To Make The Entire Nations Morning Newspapers Wrong! Muahahahaha Think about it though, theres shag all going on in the soccer sports pages these days, then suddenly a bombshell hits and every single paper i saw yesterday had at least a half page artical on Gerrard leaving, some even putting it on the front page (examiner for one). In any of the ones I read they were even saying things like "no 11th hour reprieve for liverpool this time" but by the time anyone was actually reading these articals there had of course been an 11th hour reprieve! Maybe its Liverpool or just stevie G getting their own back on the media for being such b*stards all the time and given em something juicy to write about 'pool rather then linking us with every spanish player there is, only to snatch it away at exactly the perfect moment! Oh how they must have laughed during those "late night calls"! So at the end of the day Gerrards loyalty was actually Never in question! 3 cheers for the 'pool! Hip Hip, Hurrah!, Hip Hip, Hurrah!, Hip Hip, Hurrah!

...a man can dream..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

Rebel i was reading an artical about how supporters double in size after winning a comp, ie the champions league, the liverpool supports jumped from a couple of million to 10-15 million accross england and ireland , majoirty of what happened was a stick ur finger up to the media ,show them who is really in charge of what storys get out and what doesnt, but these stories attract fans new fan and reopen old ones too and thats what its all about in my eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Stevie has damaged relations with a lot of Liverpool fans over this series of events - I don't see why that would be worth 'getting one over on the press' for him.

Plus - headlines sell newspapers. We've been the butt of several headlines over the last few days and i'm sure the media have been delighted with every one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

thats all true, was just a joke that occurred to me when i saw all the papers yesterday 20mins after the U-turn, I know it wasn't actually a mess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Seems fairly likely to me was all that happened was Real/Chelsea/Whoever pulled out of trying to sign him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Or he got a threat on his life and took it serious, shall see on the pitch.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Slash/ED wrote:
    Seems fairly likely to me was all that happened was Real/Chelsea/Whoever pulled out of trying to sign him.

i cant imagine them all deciding to pull out and the excact same time, can you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

i cant imagine them all deciding to pull out and the excact same time, can you?

I can imagine only one of them was in for him in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

Slash/ED wrote:
    I can imagine only one of them was in for him in the first place.

we all know if he was up for sale, there wouldnt be only one team in the running for him, more than likely the biggest price war english football has ever seen , cause if ye dont remember alex ferguson said gerrard would be a perfect replacement for keane and once 2 teams like cheski and united start bidding madrid will want some of it, and we have to understand these teams have more money power than anyone else, if they want a player they intend at not stopping till they get him,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

But the one he wanted to go to might not have been interested any more ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

TheMonster wrote:
    But the one he wanted to go to might not have been interested any more ;)

This is exactly what I was going to say. maybe he had a particular club in mind that he wanted to join lets say madrid for example but they never made a bid for him or told gerrards agent that were not interested in him so he was left in a situation where he could move on to a club that he didnt want to join or he could bite the bullet and say he was staying.

Im saying this is what happened but its possible and makes sense

• Advertisement
Advertisement