Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Bomb Blasts in London

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Orizio wrote:
    Anyway this bares very few hallmarks of a RIRA attack or of an Al-Qaeda attack.

This bared very few hallmarks of an Al Qaeda attack, are you serious? This bares all the hallmarks of a group who identify themselves with the aims of global Jihad as set out by Al Qaeda.
    Orizio wrote:
    Lets remember here that al-Qaeda as we knew it,is pretty much destroyed.It was always a small centralised group,and since 9/11 funding,communications and man power have been significantly reduced.While the Tabloids will put this on OBL,its highly unlikely imo that he had anything to do with this.Near impossible really.

There never was a 'centralized' global organization, that was media spin orcastrated by the American and British governments to justify the invasions of Afganistan and Iraq. What we have now is something far more dangerous than a centralized organization.....we have groups around the world identifying with an 'ideal' based along the thinking of people like Bin Ladin who is purely a symbolic figure now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I have though about todays london attacks long and hard and my anaylsis is this. Btw i highly condemn these attacks as a cowardly act.

1. Al Qadea dosen't excist.
    2. I think the CIA or MI6 carried out these attacks, to serve three purposes, i also reckon that 9/11 was not carried out by al Qaeda.

3. The three purposes are,

I. To give credibilty to Bush's war on terror
    II. To divert attention away from the plight of millions of 3rd world countries as highlighted by live8
    III. To attain credibility for a reason to attack Iran, on the basis that they are harbouring terrorist's, and also because of Iran's possible nuke capapilites. Todays event were a stunt to give bush a basis to attack Iran, to secure oil supplies for america's energy hungry economy. Peak oil i feel has been reached, just look at petrol prices (it isn't rocket science) the world is running out of the black stuff (no not guinness) and this is just another battle by bush to feed americas gas guzzling economy. Just look at Iraq, people, WMD my a*s it was about WMD. I have no doubt that 9/11 was carried out by muslim extremeists, (not remote control planes, like some conspiracy buffs suggest) these people were answering to people they thought were involved in Al Qaeda, it dosen' exsist IMO. This was another step in the start of what will be several wars in the future, all over Energy. I reckon it will culminate in WW3 sometime in the 2010's as arab states fight back at being blamed for everything and it will be Europe will suffer not the USA due to our close proximity to the Middle East.

Regards netwhizkid

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

netwhizkid wrote:
    I think the CIA or MI6 carried out these attacks
    And where is the evidence that either the CIA or MI6 have EVER willingly killed their own citizens in order to blame terrorists? Get a grip!

On the other hand there is plenty of evidence that terrorist organisations are willing to kill civilians in order to advance their cause.

Just look at the facts i put forward, i think it makes sense, and i can see Bush invading Iran within 18months from now.

Regards netwhizkid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

2. I think the CIA or MI6 carried out these attacks, to serve three purposes, i also reckon that 9/11 was not carried out by al Qaeda.

We seriously need to get a tinfoil hat forum, or even a sub-forum so that actual discussion doesnt get chugged up with this kinda crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

netwhizkid wrote:
    Just look at the facts i put forward, i think it makes sense, and i can see Bush invading Iran within 18months from now.
    You didn't present any facts, just some possible motivations. But there is no evidence that these organisations have ever engaged in such activity so therefore your theory doesn't stand up to scrutiny. I won't argue it any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It would make more sense that the French did it in veangence for London beating their bid FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

capistrano wrote:
    And where is the evidence that either the CIA or MI6 have EVER willingly killed their own citizens in order to blame terrorists? Get a grip!

Operation Northwoods (which was thankfully never carried out). Or how about the La Pensa Bombing? CIA try kill a rebel leader with a bomb and kill loads of Americans instead. Was blamed on someone else until much later.

btw, I disagree with netwizkid.

netwhizkid wrote:
    Just look at the facts i put forward, i
    Those arent facts, they're unsubstantiated opinion.
    Tinfoil hat opinion at that.

Originally Posted by Earthman
    Those arent facts, they're unsubstantiated opinion.
    Tinfoil hat opinion at that.

Well okay maybe they aren't facts, but can you honestly say that George W. Bush wouldn't try a stunt like that to secure oil ?

Regards netwhizkid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What is intresting in this is that they say that UK may go into Afganistan to help take AQ. This is intresting as only a few days ago the Afgan president has called on the US to leave as has a number of other countries in the area.

I can't see how he can spin this to send more troops into Iraq consider they went to war under false pretenses. If anything they (Blair) brought the fight to England.

I think your way off the mark on this one Whizz.
    But in relation to Bush and his lapdog Blair I agree, they are capable of anything.
    WMD attack in 45 mins anyone?

netwhizkid wrote:
    Well okay maybe they aren't facts, but can you honestly say that George W. Bush wouldn't try a stunt like that to secure oil ?

Regards netwhizkid
    Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 **rainbowcake**

I hope there wont be any further bombings in England! Im from England so im just hopin that none of friends were anywhere in London when that happened! Its really scary!

Hobbes wrote:
    I can't see how he can spin this to send more troops into Iraq consider they went to war under false pretenses. If anything they (Blair) brought the fight to England.

After the inital period of mourning and stories of individual heroism I think this may be the most interesting debate.
    Blair used a 'WMD attack in 45 mins' as his justification for war.
    Today some nuts with a few rucksacks full of conventional explosives a couple of mobile phones brought a city of 8 million to a standstill, wiped millions of the price of shares in minutes and brought the Iraq and Afganistan and events around their invasion as well as Al Qaeda back to the forefront.

Myabe Blair will be able to spin it I dont know, but there are going to be alot of sceptical people out their about the 'whole war on terror' after this.

Originally Posted by AmenToThat
    I think your way off the mark on this one Whizz.
    Okay i said this to a few people already today and they laughed with me others agreed though. I will be posting back here in a few months when you guys are voicing concerns over a possible invasion of Iran. It will happen we can't keep pumping oil out of the earth forever and as the earths finite resources get used up it is predicitable that war will be fought over them. Bush pulls hydrogen out of his hat like a rabbit and say's it will slow global warming at the moment it is more fuel effecient to burn gasoline in the internal combustion engine than use oil to manufacture hydrogen for automotive use. Hydrogen will only be succesful if it is produced from green energy or carbon-neutral energy forms like biomass. Anyway what i am saying is that today is the start of a long drawn out process that will lead to the invasion and occupation of Iran and the continued occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, although what they want with afghanistan beats me as they have no oil or no valuable natural resources. (that we know of that is)

Regards netwhizkid

As I said I think Bush and Blair are capable of anything, I just dont agree with the particular list you set out in your first post on this topic.

While i don't mean to demean Eathman's charactar, i think we must all remember that the US & UK invaded Iraq on false pretences and they haven't given us as the world's public any reason why, I would put nothing past those two and i think my theory on today events and a possible invasion of Iran are plausabile. When you have only one super-power in the world, they tend to abuse their monopoly on power, just like anything else Eg. Electricity, telephone etc.

Regards netwhizkid

I was writing my post while you posted uberwolf, sorry for missing that, Shall i withdraw my posts ? We should all remember that people died today, regardless of who behind it, this was an evil and cowardly act and i shall say no more only whoever did it, shall answer to a higher power than us. nuff said.

Regards netwhizkid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

once again, after an event like this, I find myself questioning how this is diiferent from any other day in, say, Baghdad?

One of my media lecturers once commented that news that strikes us the most is that which we can relate to the closest. So whilst many of us have been to London, few of us to Baghdad. The faces we see on the screens are like that of ours, doing what we do every day - and so we are horrified.

To over simplify the matter, both the Iraq war and todays events are the acts of groups working, illegally, against the will of the world to further their own ends in shaping the future. In all cases it seems to be the ordinary people who suffer.

What I find saddest is that this will serve to distract from what a lot of us had hoped this G8 might provide.

• Advertisement

uberwolf wrote:
    once again, after an event like this, I find myself questioning how this is diiferent from any other day in, say, Baghdad?

This is one of the the facts Iv been reflecting on this afternoon watching the images on tv.
    The fact that multiple bombs in strategic sights have been going off in Baghdad and other cities throughout Iraq on a continual basis for close on two years now.
    This will be a time for some serious reflection in Britain Id imagen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

This bared very few hallmarks of an Al Qaeda attack, are you serious?

Ummm... :rolleyes:
    This bares all the hallmarks of a group who identify themselves with the aims of global Jihad as set out by Al Qaeda.

:rolleyes: Yes it bares all the hallmarks of a terror organisaton that have taken up the Al-Qaeda cause,not Al-Qaeda.
    There never was a 'centralized' global organization, that was media spin orcastrated by the American and British governments to justify the invasions of Afganistan and Iraq.

:eek: Umm yes Al-Qaeda was a cetralised small organisation with aims that were global.The spin orchestrated by the US and GB media seemed to paint Al-Qaeda as a massive decentralised organisation,with cells organised by OBL in every European capital,which simply wasn't true
    What we have now is something far more dangerous than a centralized organization.....we have groups around the world identifying with an 'ideal' based along the thinking of people like Bin Ladin who is purely a symbolic figure now.

Sure. ;)

Originally Posted by uberwolf
    What I find saddest is that this will serve to distract from what a lot of us had hoped this G8 might provide

I completely agree with you on this one, I am thinking that perhaps the G8 is a cover for a secret society, George W. Bush and John Kerry were both supposed to be Skull & bones member acording to that Sky One Documentry. Anyway pity it happened as like you say take the impetus off Africa and back onto terrorism. Bad day for the world generally. At least we have freedom of speech and the internet.

Regards netwhizkid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

uberwolf wrote:

One of my media lecturers once commented that news that strikes us the most is that which we can relate to the closest. So whilst many of us have been to London, few of us to Baghdad. The faces we see on the screens are like that of ours, doing what we do every day - and so we are horrified.

I agree completly, watching familiar locations does make you relate closely to whats happened. I imagine its similar for say, people in Tikrit watching the results of explosions in Bagdad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

netwhizkid wrote:
    I have though about todays london attacks long and hard and my anaylsis is this. Btw i highly condemn these attacks as a cowardly act.

1. Al Qadea dosen't excist.

3. The three purposes are,

I. To give credibilty to Bush's war on terror
    II. To divert attention away from the plight of millions of 3rd world countries as highlighted by live8
    III. To attain credibility for a reason to attack Iran, on the basis that they are harbouring terrorist's, and also because of Iran's possible nuke capapilites. Todays event were a stunt to give bush a basis to attack Iran, to secure oil supplies for america's energy hungry economy. Peak oil i feel has been reached, just look at petrol prices (it isn't rocket science) the world is running out of the black stuff (no not guinness) and this is just another battle by bush to feed americas gas guzzling economy. Just look at Iraq, people, WMD my a*s it was about WMD. I have no doubt that 9/11 was carried out by muslim extremeists, (not remote control planes, like some conspiracy buffs suggest) these people were answering to people they thought were involved in Al Qaeda, it dosen' exsist IMO. This was another step in the start of what will be several wars in the future, all over Energy. I reckon it will culminate in WW3 sometime in the 2010's as arab states fight back at being blamed for everything and it will be Europe will suffer not the USA due to our close proximity to the Middle East.

Regards netwhizkid

Can you pass me some of what you're smoking please?

AmenToThat wrote:
    This will be a time for some serious reflection in Britain Id imagen.
    I havent seen any members of the public interviewed yet who have indicated that they will give in to terrorism.
    The impression I'm getting is of resolve strenghtening tbh.

One guy I saw interviewed said something very poignant.
    He said he felt pity for the terrorists.
    The pity was directed at them by the way because the likes of the guys that were responsible for this are senseless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Im not saying I would go to the extent of agreeing with netwhizkid.

but to plant a seed...what makes you think that a state that would indescriminately bomb people in one country, wouldnt in another?

Assuming that it is an islamic group who carried out the attacks, dependant on the type of bomb used- say for example it was remotley controled in some way... does this mean to say that martydom has gone out the window?

I'm being the devils advocate here, but indeed it would pull Blair back full throttle into the war on terror, give weight to identity cards, back up Bush's flailing support for same war... gain or revenge?

Anyways regardless of all that, was watching paxman there.

He was interviewing a guy who was discussing the line of investigation that investigators would be taking..
    In his opinion the bus was of importance.
    It struck me that an eye witness said they saw many bodies on the ground, surely an expolsion of that size would have killed more than two people.
    Im wondering if there were more killed and if any unaccounted for fatalities would include one of more of the terrorists....

The interviewee, (sorry I cant recall the name) discussed the possibility of them inadvertantly blowing themselves up on the bus.

Originally Posted by FatherTed
    Can you pass me some of what you're smoking please?

I'm smoking common sense ! I have no doubts, that bush or blair would go to such levels to put them back in public favour and to give credibility to the rubbish job they're making of everything. After all they were prepared to shoot down passenger jets on 9/11 that were "hijacked" I saw a programme on Sky tv recently which showed that no one has been left near the Pennslyvania carsh site in the USA yet. Cover up or what ? With the Republican's in the white house anything is possible.

Regards netwhizkid

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmmm I think I will have to call a halt to these "Tin-Foil Brigade" theories. Keep the discussion sensible and not like an effort to write a bad script for the X-Files.

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by gandalf
    Hmmmm I think I will have to call a halt to these "Tin-Foil Brigade" theories. Keep the discussion sensible and not like an effort to write a bad script for the X-Files.

Right ye oh so, ! Still i reckon there was something fishy about todays events.

Regards netwhizkid

Advertisement