Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell X200 for E570

• 07-07-2005 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I've been offered a Dell X200 for E570. Specs are 850 MHZ, 250MB ram, 60GB HD, firewire, XP pro, Office XP, Wifi. Is this a good deal? What are your thought on this laptop? Looking for something ultra portable and lightweight. Will this play any games? Seller says it's boxed and new.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

First reaction is to think there are better new models out there for circa €700. Will just check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Another alternative you might consider is a Sony Vaio SRX-87. I bought one off ebay recently and I think of it more like a big PDA than a small laptop, but still has a very usuable keyboard and sharp 10" screen. The hardware is almost identical to the Dell you mention. Here's an example of one on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Daveg ... it will play some of the older games but nothing new...the X200 has since been replaced by the X300, which is about to go end of life ...this is being replaced by the X1

The x200 is about three years old now , make sure you get a docking staion or a
    firewire drive with it.

Also one thing to check out for is, a halo effect(white circle) on the middle of the screen ..this was a commnon problem on this model

The laptop itself is not bad....its made by samsung for dell and it is ultra portable

I

Advertisement