Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannoct connect to web on Vodafone

• 07-07-2005 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

A question that DubWireless may be able to help me with.

I followed his guide for setting up mms/gprs on an xda2 for vodafone prepay.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=145620

I got the mms working, Thanks a million.

But when i try to connect to a website through explorer I got the following error:

"Cannot Connect
    Dialed: isp.vodafone.ie
    The answering modem has disconnected. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap Settings."
    Anybody got any advice?

Cheers
    Wavey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, are you pre-pay or post pay? isp.vodafone.ie hasn't been available to pre-pay...

have you checked with Vodafone if you are set-up (provisioned) for connecting to the isp.vodafone.ie Access Point, try their Data Support team on 1850 287 000 (business hours only)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Thanks for the reply Dub.

The phone is prepay. Is there an alternative for prepay customers?

for web content you could try connecting via the WAP/Live! access point setting up the correct Proxy info to get onto the Web via the browser

for email you could try dialing up their 087 Mobile ISP, but it would be connected at a low bitrate charged per second...

what are you hoping to do on the connection, also have you got a GPRS counter installed (mobile data connectivity isn't cheap, especially on pre-pay)

for web content you could try connecting via the WAP/Live! access point setting up the correct Proxy info to get onto the Web via the browser

this thread should give you the settings for the above (assuming you are provisioned and going to use the Live! access point):
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=252473

if you get a successful connection you shold be able to connect to websites e.g. www.pdaportal.com

i'd suggest you find mobile sites you have interest in using a non-GPRS connection and add them in your Favourites. Use those favourites when GPRSing, also turning off images to save on the KB downloaded, and keep an eye on that GPRS counter for a 'guide' to your usage.

Advertisement