Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will they tell housemates of attacks

Options
  • 07-07-2005 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Will Big brother tell the housemates of the bombings in london?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yeah id say thats what will happen alright, Id say there is a good chance that somebody in the house has some connection to one of the victims.. a few of the housemates are from london.. What a horrible tragedy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

xzanti wrote:
    Id say there is a good chance that somebody in the house has some connection to one of the victims.. a few of the housemates are from london..

I'd say the chances of one of the housemates knowing any of the victims is about 7,500,000/1

B.

Well now you never know... still a chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭cil_aine

when 9/11 happened BB USA informed a housemate of the attacks as a cousin of hers worked near to the towers, they said she had the option of telling her housemates.

• Advertisement

xzanti wrote:
    Well now you never know... still a chance!

There's always a chance.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

I didnt know anything had happened. Got to bed around 6am and only just got up.

I'd say they'd tell one of them if they're affected and give them the option to leave or stay.

They're not allowed contact or to try make contact with the outside world and they're not allowed be told about current news or anything to do with the outside world.

They didnt postpone the eviction process in BB4, so they'll probably do the same this time (well terrorists want to disrupt everything and its giving in not to go about daily stuff and normal stuff). The eviction crowd was just smaller.

BaZmO* wrote:
    There's always a chance.

B.
    Aye

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

they will probably think something is up when no one shows up at the eviction tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd say the chances of one of the housemates knowing any of the victims is about 7,500,000/1

I don't know - I know someone who was caught up in it all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

BuffyBot wrote:
    I don't know - I know someone who was caught up in it all!

My cousin lives just down the road from where the bus blew up (she is fine). My aunt was on a train that was stopped just before the train blew up, then got on to a bus and 5 minutes later the bus was stopped and searched.

So if they know someone who lives in London I'd say its quite likely they should know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

Frankieboy wrote:
    Will Big brother tell the housemates of the bombings in london?

I think Big Brother will only tell the housemates if a family member or a close friend of theirs was injured or killed in the bombings. By the way isn't the Big Brother situated in or around London?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭cil_aine

no the BB hosue is in the elstree studios (in borehamwood). no-where near central london. its out in hertfordshire, so i'd say it's pretty safe. the old BB house was in bow, in east london

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's actually reasonably far out from London - Borehamwood in Hertfordshire to be exact

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

BB is a game show, what happend today is very serious real life, they should tell them simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Jst watching bblb rerun from earlier and Dermot said they won't be tellling the housemates.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Thats pretty disgracefull TBH...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I think that disrupting big brother would be giving in to the terrorists who did this. I do however hope that if friends or family of the housemates are affected that they immediately tell the relevent housemates affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I think that disrupting big brother would be giving in to the terrorists who did this.
    Yes, if the housemates find out about the bombings, then the terrorists will have won... :rolleyes:

j/k

• Advertisement

corblimey wrote:
    Yes, if the housemates find out about the bombings, then the terrorists will have won... :rolleyes:

j/k
    I don't why you're rolling your eyes at him. You now very well the point he was making. Any time everyday life is affected by terrorism the terrorists have won a small victory. That's the whole point of terrorism.

Hobbes wrote:
    So if they know someone who lives in London I'd say its quite likely they should know.

The point I was trying to make is that considering London has a population of 7.5 million it is very unlikely that any of the housemates will know anybody caught up in yesterday's tragedy. It's quite possible that some friends and family were affected indirectly due to the city grinding to a hault but the chances of some one they know being hurt, while possible, is highly unlikely.

I have a lot of family living in London myself and thank God everyone is ok.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

BaZmO* wrote:
    I don't why you're rolling your eyes at him. You now very well the point he was making. Any time everyday life is affected by terrorism the terrorists have won a small victory. That's the whole point of terrorism.
    Er, I don't think it is. The whole point of terrorism is to instill terror. "Disrupting" BB is not going to have any effect on anyone, it's a TV show for goodness sake. Yeah, I enjoy it, but if it's not on, I'm not going to go into mourning.

Let it go, man, this is not the forum for it.

corblimey wrote:
    Er, I don't think it is. The whole point of terrorism is to instill terror. "Disrupting" BB is not going to have any effect on anyone, it's a TV show for goodness sake. Yeah, I enjoy it, but if it's not on, I'm not going to go into mourning.

Let it go, man, this is not the forum for it.

Huh? Let what go?
    You were the one that started flaming another poster and I'm just letting you
    know that you're wrong.
    And what do you mean "wrong forum"? Someone asked a question about how this incident will affect the BB House and people are giving their opinions.

You're right about BB being a just a TV show, however it is part of modern culture and everyday life and if that or any other form of entertainment, i.e. concert or sporting event had to be cancelled due to terrorism it would be a victory for the terrorists. You can disagree if you wish, that's your perogative, but I still think you are wrong.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

BB and the whole team involved in it made the decision not to tell them. Considering they're not supposed to know anything aobut whats happening outside the house, they're just continuing with that.

They'll probably cut down the crowd or just have a studio audience. They might only tell them after the interview when they've stopped televising.

None of the family or friends of any of the housemates were hurt, BB found out after contacting them yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Rew wrote:
    BB is a game show, what happend today is very serious real life, they should tell them simple as that.

But it was a small insignificant act. WHo cares?

Advertisement