Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moderator Question

• 07-09-2001 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum20/HTML/002109.html

Simply id like to ask why this was locked. he is trying to find a irish clan and this is where he could ask? This has happened several times and i just think its stupid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

IMO, Mills' last post sez it all really.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "[amp] may have the respect of the plebs on the other boards" - WWman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

amp test

(is this past its sell by date yet? smile.gif )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

amp test

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "[amp] may have the respect of the plebs on the other boards" - WWman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PHB:
    i just think its stupid.</font>

I think your stupid.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    It's probably better to ask around on IRC and servers and call into a few clan channels on irc to look for a clan, find one with members you like and get on well with or it's no fun. Oh and I wouldn't bother posting threads here asking for clans because they don't seem to get much in the way of positive response, and you're better off with people you know a little bit beforehand anyway.
    </font>

Well most people wouldnt know where to look on IRC for the clans and this is where the base of the Irish CS community is based. And if they get spammed why cant Mills just delete the guy who spammed post. And obviously he doesnt know anyone he could join a clan with otherwise he wouldnt need to ask on the boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

PHB, he's asked about it before, Rope gave him our details, several other clans gave him their contact details...if he wanted to get in touch outside of boards, he could have done. Mills probably saw that, and acted accordingly. Fair enough imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

:/ ok then but its happened before and it gets locked because everyone spams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I'm not about to start removing all the spam from every thread of that kind, it'd take all day for one, and I try not to remove/edit anyone's posts unless absolutely necessary, I wouldn't like it done to me. As I'm sure you've noticed yourself PHB, threads started looking for clans tend to attract at least half spam postings, and if the person is new to the scene, which is what I'd assume if they're asking for clans on boards, having their first topic replied to with a load of rubbish, some of it abusive, isn't going to encourage them to come back in a hurry, so I think it'd be better for everyone if we had less of it, because of what it leads to.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Well most people wouldnt know where to look on IRC for the clans and this is where the base of the Irish CS community is based.</font>

This is true, I was considering putting a quick guide to getting on IRC with the rest of us in the forum announcement, but I don't want to take down the server list I have up, and it could get messy with both of em there, I'll see about that one.

Advertisement