Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social science in maynooth

Options
  • 07-07-2005 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

hi all. i'm going into sixth yr and i'm either going to maynooth or ucc to study social science or arts. i'm just wonderering if the social science degree is any good in maynooth. is there anybody here thats doing the course? also is the anthropology course any good?? thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

the anthro is seemingly very good or so i'm told - i'm a biology nerd or was anyway but i'm sure someone will let you know.def conside maynooth, it a very cool college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Go to UCC...you'll have more of a life there. 3 of my friends did Social Science there. It's tough but they all got their degree and are happy campers now.

Honestly, UCC v NUIM....there's no contest really, go for UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

seriously?? i thought all you maynooth heads were a bunch of all boho happy smokers and drinkers??!?! oh well maybe to ucc it is?

Riveta wrote:
    seriously?? i thought all you maynooth heads were a bunch of all boho happy smokers and drinkers??!?! oh well maybe to ucc it is?

Well a big city versus a little village....Maynooth is fine but you'd have more craic in UCC. Where are you from?

well i'm from kilkenny so i don't really know if i'd prefer a small village or the BIG city! i thought it was more fun cos everyone got to know everyone else really quickly?? oh i suspose it's the course that matters :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Riveta wrote:
    well i'm from kilkenny so i don't really know if i'd prefer a small village or the BIG city! i thought it was more fun cos everyone got to know everyone else really quickly?? oh i suspose it's the course that matters :rolleyes:
    Maynooth seems to be full of cliques though....it's not that easy to make friends. Plus it's something like 6:1 girls to guys....so if you're a guy come here and if you're a girl go to Cork! Simple! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Maynooth wrote:
    Maynooth seems to be full of cliques though....it's not that easy to make friends. Plus it's something like 6:1 girls to guys....so if you're a guy come here and if you're a girl go to Cork! Simple! :D

don't agree with the cliques comment, apart from the obvious ones like the drama soc, but they always keep to themselves, any of the big clubs/soc are all very friendly in my opinion.

is the ratio as high as 6:1? i thought it was lower than that but there are def more girls than guys in the place.

and for parity - Cork is deadly too, one of my favourite places in this country.

Yeah I think it really is that high

Maynooth wrote:
    Yeah I think it really is that high

Definitely feels that way anyway! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

This is the first time I`ve heard anything bad about Maynooth. I heard it was 4:3

• Advertisement

Beau wrote:
    This is the first time I`ve heard anything bad about Maynooth. I heard it was 4:3

Nah it's more than that.

that stat makes no difference to little ole me! infact it's probably for the best! many gays in maynooth??

Riveta wrote:
    that stat makes no difference to little ole me! infact it's probably for the best! many gays in maynooth??

Seems to be more gays in Maynooth than any other Uni....seriously. I don't know why but everyone says it. So lucky you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

does anyone know the proper ratio? i want to know!

Advertisement