Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provisional Ignition Test

Options
  • 07-07-2005 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I'm doing the provisional ignition test soon. Has anyone completed it recently?
    Any hints or tips? Is it difficult, is there anything in particular I should know before doing it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

It's not difficult if you keep your head. Make sure not to do anything silly, keep within the speed limit but don't go slow. All he asks you to do is drive through traffic so make sure you check your mirrors and blinds spots a LOT and don't go to close to parked cars...etc. At the end they will ask you to reverse park into a spot, in my case you could pick the spot (pick one with no other cars around if you can) and it's acceptable to drive front ways into the oppsite spot and then reverse in (don't forget to look out the back window!)

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 harryh9

Thanks for the feedback, just one question about the reverse parking, was it done in a properly lined car park yeah? will he ask you to parallel park? Also, ive read other places that you should turn your lights on?? I know that they say this is good practice but surely this isnt necessary?? maybe whoever said this was taking the mick?

I assume he will get you to do hillstop? According to the provisional ignition website, the test is as hard as the full driving test, surely this isnt true?

Were you very a very competent driver when you sat the ignition test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 harryh9

Failed it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

What happened? What were the marks he gave you at the end? I remember getting mostly 3's, one 4 and a couple of 2's

Advertisement