Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this shirt real?

• 07-07-2005 1:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Ebay link

I don't think this is a genuinely signed shirt -

Firstly all the sigs on that shirt appear to be very similiar and a bit too perfectly spaced out.
    And ff you look at this other actions, you'll find the same.
    He offers "pictures" of proof, but look at 4th picture down - nowhere near where it is on the advertised shirt.

What do you think?

S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I would be extremely cautious...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Umm in the fourth picture he's writing it in black pen and on the shirt they all silver?

Or am i missing something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Umm in the fourth picture he's writing it in black pen and on the shirt they all silver?

Or am i missing something.

Plus Jimi's signing netween the liverpool badge and the champs league badge but there's no signing on that part of the shirt in ths first picture. I Reckon it's a fugazi :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

yeah definitely a fake... who the hell is this guy trying to kid???

He posts a pic of djimi traore signing in black pen near the crest in the middle of the shirt and then in the shirt that he's selling its not there and they are all in silver????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

or maybe he got more than one shirt signed.....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I don't think the pictures are there as photo evidence of the player signing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

But the sigs all look so similar! Look at the sigs on his other actions too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The shirt itself is probably a fake. Look at the 'Champions League Winners' badge. It's iron-on and not stitched and as far as I know now official 'Champions League Winners' shirts have been produced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Not to mention the fact that "Champions League Winners" was not on the jersey worn on Istanbul.:rolleyes: (We weren't that cocky! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Shred wrote:
    Plus Jimi's signing netween the liverpool badge and the champs league badge but there's no signing on that part of the shirt in ths first picture. I Reckon it's a fugazi :)

Plus the one hes signing just says "champions league" on it not "champions league winners"

• Advertisement

Ignore me, i'm a double post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Stekelly wrote:
    Ignore me, i'm a double post.

Jeez that's funny, you look nothing like a double post :p

*i'll get me coat

Shred wrote:
    *i'll get me coat

Just leave, we'll send it in a taxi. Never darken our doors again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Er, isn't Stevie G signing a football in his pic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

yeah definitely a fake... who the hell is this guy trying to kid???

He posts a pic of djimi traore signing in black pen near the crest in the middle of the shirt and then in the shirt that he's selling its not there and they are all in silver????

yeah i agree with this, very suspect indeed. i'd stay away, stinks of fakeness way too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

its probably one of the worst attempts at a fake ive ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Not as fake as Homer's Super Bowl cracker tickets but not far off !

Some tool will buy it though, so maybe he's not as thick as everyone is making out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

It has sold for £271 so he's not doing too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

this reallyt made me laugh i have to say
    I can gaurentee that all my photos are to an outstanding quality finish and have been printed by the most advanced tecnology in the photography world.

also, if the players were signing them in their cars then the sigs would be all over the shop, different sizes, upside down etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement