Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The only constant ...

• 07-09-2001 4:14pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

... is change.

Cloud and the rest of the team here have been pretty busy lately.

We've listened pretty closely to what people want from boards and it seemed like a monumental task to be honest but I think we've got something thats going to blow the pants off you all...

Here's the plan. Over the next 8 weeks stuff is going to start happening very quickly. We're going to ask for testers for the new system and we might even need a few coders too.

Just about everything people have asked for in the last while should be included.

We're asking for your continued support and understanding as things may get a bit weird during the change overs...

Let me put this in perspective. This change will be a bigger change then the move from Cloud Boards to Boards.ie....

Yes... I'm scared too. smile.gif

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

ooooooh this sounds good. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

You can include me in on that coding/testing lark too DeV

cheers

Keeks

Oh and lets hope its a change for the best and not the worst....

But as the song goes..."things can only gets better..."

/me slaps himself over the head b4 someone else does for such brutal singing smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've been playing with some of the toys over the last week. Trust me, it is everything we've ever wanted.

Even those freak who are always banging on about going back to their fav colour scheme of black-background can have their wish.

We may be able to release a limited version for testing within 2-3 weeks. It really depends on a few personal things with Cloud and I (free time, etc).

Once I've talked to Cloud I'll know more about what we can tell you and when smile.gif

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Sounds good. bring it on.

firedevil.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

it just gets better and better smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Sounds good to me smile.gif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:
    I've been playing with some of the toys over the last week. Trust me, it is everything we've ever wanted.
    </font>

OoHH Please elaborate.
    The excitement of it all will keep me awake otherwise smile.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm scared,

frown.gif

HOLD ME!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

tom,
    how many hours are in your day?
    i only have 24 and i cant manage to get half the stuff done that you get up to.
    go to bed man wwman.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:
    Even those freak who are always banging on about going back to their fav colour scheme of black-background can have their wish.</font>
    Yay!
    Come to think of it though, the white scheme seems to have grown on me.
    Let me know if you want someone to nit-pick at it, and tell you how much [some-small-insignificant-thing] annoys me, before yee go live m'kay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice work lads, like the xtra features, will need some getting used to, but change is good, well done :cool:

Even George is impressed!!

bush-laura-thumbs-up_jpg.jpg

Hey amp..where did you get the timeship :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Clouds theme is a wee bit scary if you ask me, i'm scared of the dark :eek:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I will heartily test your product and or service.

(hmm, Bard must be on holidays wink.gif )

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "[amp] may have the respect of the plebs on the other boards" - WWman

Advertisement