Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Articles]House of Robert McCartney’s partner attacked by mob

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

irish1 wrote:
    Maybe you might want to let Bertie Ahern and a few others know why Sean Kelly was arrested, because I believe there are many eye-witnesses who say his role at that gathering you refer was to try and calm people, he was not involved in any violence.

Yes I'm sure the Sinn Fein habit of gathering eye witnesses when they need them and making them keep quiet when it's inconvinent.

Unfortuantely for your honest and true eye witnesses the police seem to have video footage of his involvement. Leading the riot.
    So lets have it mycroft, what are these "other things" he was involved in???

I don't know, but as Sands pointed out the most sympathetic police commisioner towards SF in NI's history is concerned, for there's allegations that he's involved in punishment attacks, thats good enough for me.
    Sean Kelly was released under the terms of the GFA that was supported by the majority of people on this Island.

And weirdly I didn't hear you campaigning when Johnny Adair was re arrested, about his rights under the GFA. GFA isn't a right, it can be revoked, and if a terrorist is wandering down that path again he deserves and should be re imprisoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

You mean apart from murdering people ordering fish and chips?

I personally find it odd - why the victims are consistly ignored. All these protests must be very difficult for the people trying to deal with live in the aftermath of carnage.
    Maybe you might want to let Bertie Ahern and a few others know why Sean Kelly was arrested,
    Who ordered this bombing in the first place? Who was on the IRA Army Council at the time?

Could the Provos let us know. Information is not a one way street.

As for the rights and wrongs of the re-arrest. Was he not released under licence in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh so these other things you refer to mycroft don't actually excist, what a surprise!

Have you seen that footage mycroft or do you have a link to it, because I would be very interested in seeing it and so might Bertie and Gerry.

I have no knowledge of why Johnny Adair was re-arrested, although I do believe he is now in Bolton.

I have no problem with anyone being re-arrested if it is proven they have been in breach of the law, I just don't see where that has happened in this case and I really don't think it's going to help the situation.

Daveirl, IMO what happened in London was a CRIME, it was MURDER and it was WRONG, if you want to go back to 1972 and show the terrible acts that both sides carried out by all means do, just don't pretend to know what the "shinners" think. Thankfully though the IRA has not carried out any bombings since 1994 and we are very close to seen them disarm totally, but hey why would people want to deal with the present when they can live in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

irish1 wrote:
    Oh so these other things you refer to mycroft don't actually excist, what a surprise!

Have you seen that footage mycroft or do you have a link to it, because I would be very interested in seeing it and so might Bertie and Gerry.

And wheres the sworn affidatives of your eye witnesses that claim he was stopping the rioting? The police commisioner released a report, the man was re arrested, do I have to provide the book of evidence for every case in the north.

I have no knowledge of why Johnny Adair was re-arrested, although I do believe he is now in Bolton.

Thats not the question I asked. The question I asked is do you have issues with Johnny Adair being re arrested, not do you have an address for Adair.
    I have no problem with anyone being re-arrested if it is proven they have been in breach of the law, I just don't see where that has happened in this case and I really don't think it's going to help the situation.

No, you deny what has happened in this case, the argument why kelly has been re arrested has been given, you've refuted it without giving evidence to why you think it is wrong. Then you made a fine speech about democratic rights of Sean Kelly to be free because we voted for it.

So which is, should Sean Kelly be free no matter what he does, or are you disagreeing with the statement by the most senior police officer in NI, and if you are, what evidence do you present to refute his case, and what reason to you offer for his re arrest?

Oh and Irish1 you arrest someone under suspicion you try them to prove it, what are we supposed to do hold trials before we arrest people?
    Daveirl, IMO what happened in London was a CRIME, it was MURDER and it was WRONG, if you want to go back to 1972 and show the terrible acts that both sides carried out by all means do, just don't pretend to know what the "shinners" think. Thankfully though the IRA has not carried out any bombings since 1994 and we are very close to seen them disarm totally, but hey why would people want to deal with the present when they can live in the past.

The way you use those capitals really emphasis your outrage, particularly when you're also outraged at the re arrest of a bomber who is apparently reoffending.

Tell me what evidence do you present that the IRA are very close to disarming?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

irish1 wrote:
    ...the IRA has not carried out any bombings since 1994...
    It was October 1996 actually. Their members have of course murdered various people since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

mycroft wrote:
    And wheres the sworn affidatives of your eye witnesses that claim he was stopping the rioting? The police commisioner released a report, the man was re arrested, do I have to provide the book of evidence for every case in the north.

Nope certainly not just don't throw unfounded accusations around, so there is no other things then? As for the eyewitnesses, I said I believe they excisted I never presented it as fact.

mycroft wrote:
    Thats not the question I asked. The question I asked is do you have issues with Johnny Adair being re arrested, not do you have an address for Adair.

As I said in my last posts:" have no problem with anyone being re-arrested if it is proven they have been in breach of the law"
    mycroft wrote:
    No, you deny what has happened in this case, the argument why kelly has been re arrested has been given, you've refuted it without giving evidence to why you think it is wrong. Then you made a fine speech about democratic rights of Sean Kelly to be free because we voted for it.

So which is, should Sean Kelly be free no matter what he does, or are you disagreeing with the statement by the most senior police officer in NI, and if you are, what evidence do you present to refute his case, and what reason to you offer for his re arrest?

Oh and Irish1 you arrest someone under suspicion you try them to prove it, what are we supposed to do hold trials before we arrest people?

Nope if he broke the terms of his early release licence then he should be locked up, I just don't believe that is the case and I'm looking for the evidence to show it just like our great leader Bertie.

mycroft wrote:
    The way you use those capitals really emphasis your outrage, particularly when you're also outraged at the re arrest of a bomber who is apparently reoffending.

Tell me what evidence do you present that the IRA are very close to disarming?

I am certainly outraged at the bombings in London, I'm not outraged at his re-arrest, I'm concerned at what impact it might have on the peace process. Gerry Adams has asked the IRA a question and all the intelligence at this stage would point to them replying positively, do remember less than 7 months ago they were on the brink of disarming.

Closing this and its companion threads now.
    Points well made here as they were in the other republican oriented threads today.

Pity about the circling the wagons in all of them though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement