Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aha!

• 06-09-2001 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Seems to be the season for (good) ideas for new boards, so here we go; My wrist hurts. Badly. Complaining to myself tonight, I thought - 'I wonder if anyone on the boards would have an idea about this'(Note: I obviously have no life). After all, it's kinda similar to your mouse not working, or Win2K screaming at you.
    So, my idea:Yes, you guessed it, you clever things, a medicine board. Surely we have some med students in our ranks, maybe even some doctors. Us techies have been sharing our wealth, 'tis time for them to do likewise!

"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." - Albert Einstein

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

i second this boards. i thinbk itd be interesting stuff.

maybe a health as oppossed to medicine board instead tho?

_ _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _
    <A HREF="http://homepage.eircom.net/~cullenm&quot; TARGET=_blank>
    sig.jpg
    </A>
    http://run.to/pile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

cool, i can kill you with bad health advice and then we can sue boards.ie for having it up.
    nice one smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I agree with the addition of a Health board. Bring it on smile.gif

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Got my vote.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, we've got the Science Board moderated by Bob, the most unlucky of Octupussessessessesssss (who also happens to be a Doctor), so Health and Science aren't *too* far apart topic wise...

Post it there!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 06-09-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Health and Science is a good idea, but I'm a little concerned about the legal aspect of a board for health, moderated by a doctor, and populated by muppets who will say things like "pouring vinegar on your penis and then burning it with matches makes it grow to twice the size" and then some kid does it and we get sued.

Occy could also be in trouble for such a thing... let me consult the lawyer's cabal about it.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:

Occy could also be in trouble for such a thing... let me consult the lawyer's cabal about it.

DeV.

</font>

a very broad disclaimer with voice over.
    occys already in trouble with the medical board about that penis lighting issue anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

yes, and it doesnt work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:
    pouring vinegar on your penis and then burning it with matches makes it grow to twice the size</font>

Oooooooooo....aaa.aaa.aaaaa..

Ouch. Ouchy. Aiii...oo....aaa.aaa.aaaaa...eeee....

ARGGGH!! Oh God! FFFFFF....OO... AAAAA!!!!!! Nooo!!!!! HELP!!! Water for pity's sake!!!

<fizzle>

Oh wait.

It works.

Nice one.

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Makes for a great party piece though.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.
    Mail: jaden@eircom.net

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

I support the health board in principle, even be happy to moderate it, but DeV has a strong point there. The main legal issue both DeV and I am worried about is:

1) the muppettry that could result in all manner of ways- people's lifestyles, habits could be mercilessly scrutinized if the board was wrongly used; and

2) the fact that some people suffer from genuine health troubles, and others like nothing better than joke about what is sometimes not funny.

Reservations aside, I'd support a health board if it was used for health awareness. Precious little of that goes around anyways...and a board which can contribute to the general well-being of its users must be good. On that premise, I support.

Occy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

My head hurts and my neck hurts.
    I have two owies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

i would certainly like to see a health board...

although most of the advice would me leave my computer... i dont quite know about that.

hmmm?

j

"Why not put the match in a shark tank, with real live sharks, hungry sharks, and the only way to beat your
    opponent is to stuff them down a shark's throat and pin a shark".
    -Kurt Angle to Lilian Garcia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jaarius:
    i would certainly like to see a health board... </font>

This does raise a distinct legal problem - we have Health Boards in this country (remember those state agencies responsible for the primary delivery of health care?) The words 'passing off' comes to mind.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Victor- that's not a copyright issue at all- it's a bulletin board, not a state agency. The board wouldn't claim to be the primary regulatory body for a region of Ireland But I'm sure you're just taking the pi$s aren't you? wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The various replies to a question concerning fertiliy treatments could be amusing smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I agree...good idea, it would be very interesting stuff... smile.gif

Fink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nucular

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Canaboid:
    My head hurts and my neck hurts.
    I have two owies.
    </font>

hehe smile.gif

Simpsons rule!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Amp Test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

heh, it could be called the Eastern Health Board.......

I'll get me white coat.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "[amp] may have the respect of the plebs on the other boards" - WWman

• Advertisement
Advertisement