Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14 year old, on holiday, what to do??? <---Urgent

Options
  • 07-07-2005 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

hi:

my sister (she is 14) is on holidays in my house, for a month today she is here at work with me and i can tell she is really bored, can you suggest activities for her age?
    she doesnt live in ireland so she has none of her friends around.

Thanks in advance

By the way I m in North Dublin (Dublin 5)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Cinema? Shopping? Chillaxing at the house? DON'T bring her to work with you, whatever you do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tirl

check the schools in your area for summer camps or leisure centres do them too, they are reasonable enough and cater for all ages

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Iam

tirl wrote:
    check the schools in your area for summer camps or leisure centres do them too, they are reasonable enough and cater for all ages

T

thanks, i will, would they normally take "non pupils" in school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tirl

normally the camps are run by either the teachers or an outside element and you don't have to be a student of that school to attend. There are sports camps too and adventure ones, just be careful to put her into one that suits her needs as if she is in with much younger ones she will be bored. Lat year I gave permission for my 13 yr old to get in to the 14 yr age one as he wasn't too impressed with being in the 10-13 age group and didn't find it challenging enough. make sure you check with them as to what activities etc and then decide.

Good luck

Sound advice, i ll check schools, etc, i ve browse through the internet and golden pages but i cant find any sports camps, i was trying horse riding schools too but I must be searching in the wrong place.
    Andrea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Why not ask her what she wants to do? Can you integrate her with any other 14 years olds in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

hey, hope the reply isn't too late. You said you're in D5? Do You know Belgrove primary school in Clontarf? My friend (14) is working there in the summer camps helping young children around ages 4-8. 3hrs a day, 50 quid for the week.

If she doesn't want to work, they are supposed to have another group of 14yr olds who just have fun at it.

Might be worth a look, hope it helps..

thanks for that,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

hey, hope the reply isn't too late. You said you're in D5? Do You know Belgrove primary school in Clontarf? My friend (14) is working there in the summer camps helping young children around ages 4-8. 3hrs a day, 50 quid for the week.

If she doesn't want to work, they are supposed to have another group of 14yr olds who just have fun at it.

Might be worth a look, hope it helps..
    hey i used to go to school there! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Deaddude wrote:
    hey i used to go to school there! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What do ya know? Me too! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement