Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenshots, with a GeForce 4 Ti 4200

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

LOL :) , How do u play like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

oh thats brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

You must throw that "GeForce 4 Ti 4200" in the bin or use it in another computer...but get a current/last generation card as the 4XXX is too old these days.
    I only run a 6600GT and the only similarities between those screenshots and mine would be the arms/weapon portion of the soldier...everything else is pure muck!!!

Sorry for the harsh words...but even €100 would get you a far more decent card and €250 would get a 6800GT!
    The game cost more than what the GeForce 4 Ti 4200 is currently worth...not a good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

O.M.F.G :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

LMAO clearly not enjoyable playable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

lmao man thats harsh, especially the tank bit - that belongs in the humour forum. This should be stickied to show how much some people are determined to play the damn game!

I mean, wow. Fair play to you, thats worse then I ever imagined it would be. I think it was me that persistantly asked for pictures :o

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Best of luck getting a new card.:)

That ****s awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

zuma: I could get a card for €100, but I'm going to wait till I get a job, and get an entire new rig (I'll need about €700-€850 for the mobo, CPU, graphics card, and memory), so untill then, I'll make do.

Also, I'm still pretty good, but when I kill someone who has a better system (and who has bragged about it), they're mortified!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

thats not battlefield, its tron!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

That is mental. I have a ti 4600(was the business but now a pice of excrement) at home. Glad im not playing on that. I wouldnt be able to play it when its like that. Granted Im only playing on a mobility 9600 but at least I can see tanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

bloody hell, thats horrifiic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Now that is what you call DEDICATION.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

the_syco wrote:
    zuma:

Also, I'm still pretty good, but when I kill someone who has a better system (and who has bragged about it), they're mortified!

LoL Syco, you were a pretty dam good sniper on BFV, got sniped many a time, But jaysus i'd be motified if i was sniped now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

syco couldyou record a little demo of you playing...just for the invisible tanks...

are the jeeps invisible too? and are they invisible when your in them?

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    syco couldyou record a little demo of you playing...just for the invisible tanks...

are the jeeps invisible too? and are they invisible when your in them?
    The jeeps aren't invisable, tank gawd:p

Any idea what the command line for me to record a demo is? If I use BF2, rather than fraps, it'll be less lag, and smaller file size.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i dont know i have the game but havnt been able to play as my computer is in cambridge and i'm in new york...so i punish myself daily by looking at the pictures on the box and listen to your lovely stories...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭1

Serves him right for being a sniper all the time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well i baught a new card so I could play the game but i might get that program and see what its like om my gforce 4ti4600. Id say the game could have ran on a gf4 id they had bothered to support it. They would need to release simpler textures for the water and tanks for them to be seen on those cards all the same. Still i think they got a back hander off ati and nvidia to make the game only run on newer cards.

I've dragged this thread up again so everyone can see how dedicated the_syco is to the game.

I had to look at the screens again, how anyone plays like that is just beyond me.....

I wonder whats the worst card that will run BF2 with that patch...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

**hugs his Radeon X850XT**

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Is a ge force fx 5200 much more powerful than a ge force ti 4200 ? I can run battlefield 2 much better than what has been seen in those screenshots. on my ge force 5200fx

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

That is pure legend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

@the_syco - get yourself a 9700 Pro 128MB (for pennies these days, say €50-€60).
    Very last gen, BUT it runs BF2 in 1024 with everything medium / no AA at about 30-35 fps. Eminently more playable...

...and if you shoot my ass with that rig, I am sooo-gonna throw the teddy outta the pram :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

jaysus mary and joseph, would ya look at that, some of the those screens remind me of a friends 9800 that overheated :D

fair play to ya for stickin at it with those feckin whatever they are.

And to who ever said thats tron, thats an insult to the film makers :p

pontovic wrote:
    Is a ge force fx 5200 much more powerful than a ge force ti 4200 ? I can run battlefield 2 much better than what has been seen in those screenshots. on my ge force 5200fx

The 5200 is a pretty crap card but its alot better then a Gef4 Ti

Meh. Thought about getting a 9800pro, but I thought, meh, may as well save up for a decent rig. Currently its GeForce 4 Ti 4200 64MB, 768MB RD-RAM (PC800, I think), 2Ghz P4. I'm going to save up €600, and get some decent RAM and a good graphics card. Already have a (newish) mobo, etc. Also, cos I'm using a Dell box, I don't know if the 250W PSU would be able to handle my 2 DVD drives, 2 HDD's, as well as a 9800pro:confused:

Reason why I get killed by tanks alot:
    invisable_tank.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I wonder whats the worst card that will run BF2 with that patch...

*Blows the dust off his Voodoo 3000 and plugs it in.....* :D

Jesus Syco that is brutal......

If that was me I just wouldn't play, or else I'd get a new gfx card straight away. Why don't you get a second hand 9600 for about 50 quid? I mean you've been playing the game long enough to warrent spending at least that much on a card! I'd understand if you were using the computer for a few weeks but you've been playing for months at this stage!

Does the game run smooth?

I have a 64mb Radeon 7000, I wonder if it would work with that patch....! Well, I have an x800 in my main computer, but the 7000 is in an older one....I think its a bit older then the Gef4 Ti but still....ya never know.

I mean invisible tanks is bad enough, but random indicators, wierd blue lines, untextured enviroment, was it really worth keeping about 50 and going through that for months??

I think if it was me, definately not!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

the_syco wrote:
    Reason why I get killed by tanks alot:

anyone find any irony in the fact that you are playing as an antitank guy & you cant see them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Jebus !! :eek: And i thought my FX5200 was bad.

Advertisement