Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with nakedness, unknown entities and disconnecting

Options
  • 07-07-2005 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me?

Whenever I logon to one of my characters, everyone is naked and they're all unknown entities and I'm invisible. If I try to logout or exit, I can't. After 1-2 minutes, I get disconnected. My bags are also not visible (but can be clicked on), only certain items are viewable and the rest of my items are questionmarks.

When I log on to my other character, everyone's an unknown entity for a second, then goes back to normal. No nakedness, bags are viewable. I still can't logout or exit though.

I just upgraded my computer to an Athlon 64 2800, Radeon x800XT and a K8N Neo3 neforce4 mobo (all PCI express). I reformatted my harddrive after I put the new stuff into my computer, reinstalled WoW and it started. I uninstalled WoW and reinstalled and it worked fine for a few hours. I shut the game down and restarted my computer and it doesn't work again.

WTF is going on?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

This happened a while back to me after a patch

Go into your wow folder and delete the folders called "interface" "WTF" and "WTB."
    This means you will loose any mods or customisations you have made to the game.

I had to do this about a month ago after the last big patch, theres a post round here somewhere on it ... but it fixed it for me.

After doing that load up the game and see in glory and wonder people wont be nekked anymore and entities will all be known... exept for the odd hunter/warlocks pet, but they become known after you click on them..

If it fixes go and download the latest version of whatever mods you are using ...

Gluck and I hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 superduperjew

thanks for trying , but still no success. Everything is still messed up.

Today was the last day of my game card too and I just bought another 3 months :|.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ignore pimp, he knoweth not what he says

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2912283&postcount=5

That will solve the problem. This plagued me for a week or two untill i discovered that cure.

Advertisement