Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawyers!

• 07-07-2005 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

An lawyer was sitting in his office late one night, when the Devil appeared before him. The Devil told the lawyer, 'I have a proposition for you. You can win every case you try, for the rest of your life. Your clients will adore you, your colleagues will stand in awe of you, and you will make embarrassing sums of money. All I want in exchange is your soul, your wife's soul, your children's souls, the souls of your parents, grandparents, and parents-in-law, and the souls of all of your friends and law partners.'

The lawyer thought about this for a moment, then asked, 'So, what's the catch?'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

FuzzyLogic thought about this for a moment, then asked, "so where's the punchline"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

ba dum dum tcsh

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think the catch was that he would have to hand over his soul and that of everyone he knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    FuzzyLogic thought about this for a moment, then asked, "so where's the punchline"

nice one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Tumbleweed............................................................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Ok, I'm outta here..........<slam!>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Lawyers should never ask a witness a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.
    In a trial, a Southern small town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grand motherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?" She responded, "Why, yes I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy, and frankly, you’ve been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs.
    You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."

The Lawyer was stunned! Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know the defence attorney?" She again replied, "Why yes, I do.
    I've known Mr. Bradley*since he was a youngster too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him."

The defence attorney almost died.
    The judge asked both counsellors to approach the bench and in a very quiet voice, said, "If either of you b@stards asks her if she knows me, I'll jail you for contempt."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

:D LMAO!!! Nice one, Macros42!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Macros42's one steals the show.

Ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

thanks, I'll be here all week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

So lawyers have souls now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Worth reading for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Macros one was a threadsaver

nice work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I think Maximilian answered this one, case closed

Advertisement