Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need New online game.

Options
  • 07-07-2005 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Please dont say Battlefield 2. Havent bought it, only play the demo, not bothered with the full game with my crappy 160 ping (works grand on games form 2002 etc, but some newer games pathetic)

Something similar to Soldier of Fortune 2. Recently, all the adm servers have been ruined, by fcuking dicks exploiting a weakness in the particular mod i play which crashes the server completely.

So new game needed. Must be FPS, or third person. Anything considered. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Counter-Strike?

...what about those desert storm shooters or are they X-Box only?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

UT2004
    Tom Clancy's Raven Shield (Difficult at first, but reawarding after practice)
    Enemy Territory
    America's Army

Dunno if they fit the bill, only suggetsions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

another vote for UT2004

you'll need decent pings to glean the most fun out of it though (instagib mode :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

It's not exactly like Soldier of Fortune 2, but as you say "anything considered", I'll recommend quakeworld :)

It's free, it's fast, it's carnage, it owns.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Get Ut 2004 purely for the awesome red orchestra mod.
    http://www.redorchestra.clanservers.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

How about you only post one of these threads a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Got UT2k4, dont like it online really, as for Red Orch, its pretty, but I was really disappointed with it...not a patch on DoD!

I might give Americas army another blast, or Quakeworld....Thanks for suggestions.

As for Petes, what? My other thread was about Lan games, for internetless gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Dont mind me, I have a nice hangover. Have you played serious sam. Its hoot.

Advertisement