Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving on...

• 08-07-2005 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Yes, that's right -as of Monday, Dónal (Myth) is your brand shiny spanking new* and improved Education Officer, so he takes over my computer, my office, my power and glory, and everything else, but not my Boards a/c! As most of you know, I'm becoming a different sort of EduCat outside the walls of Trinity, so the name's still valid (although I might put in a footnote saying 'if you failed your exams, see the other guy). I'll still be lurking and posting here, of course.

Thanks for all your questions and ideas during the last few months, boys and girls - it's been a totally new way to answer questions (silly and serious alike) and I've tried my best to answer everything, even the most bizarre requests about how bits of Trinity work or don't work.

{work mode}If you're doing supplementals, don't panic, do some steady work during the summer, and call in to Mr. Dónal for a chat if anything's on your mind!{/work mode}

D.

* (no, not that type of spanking)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Well done on a great year Daithi! It's only a shame you're talents are being turned to the dark side next year - but whaddya gonna do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

yay for educat.
    good luck myth.

Thanks Kev, and best of luck Daithí :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

in the old Counterstrike way of things

good game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Best of luck educat-ing in the world outside of TCD's railings.

He may have taken your title, office and tcdsu email address - but he'll never take your Mac....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Slán Dáithí, ní bhedh do leithéad ann arís.

Also, good luck Dónal! Big shoes to fill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Its a very soviet transition altogether......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Aww..you did some good work, congratulations, and the best of luck in your new, shiny office in that evil evil place. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭dublinguy2004

Aren't you great? Personally I couldn't give two hoots who'll be taking up space in house 6 this year. I guess it'll be more 'promiscuity packs', 'awareness weeks', people caught up in their own importance and don't forget the 'protests' for 05/06.
    Nobody really cares. I wish the SU hacks would stick to www.tcdsu.org where they can rant to their hearts content on the latest student political happenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Aren't you great? Personally I couldn't give two hoots who'll be taking up space in house 6 this year. I guess it'll be more 'promiscuity packs', 'awareness weeks', people caught up in their own importance and don't forget the 'protests' for 05/06.
    Nobody really cares. I wish the SU hacks would stick to www.tcdsu.org where they can rant to their hearts content on the latest student political happenings.
    I'm getting bored of you quite fast.............

• Advertisement

who are you dub dude. i mean, are you members of any clubs or socities? involved with the su? what course are you studying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Of course, those awareness weeks don't help anyone at all... Nor does the other work the SU does... well, it doesn't help YOU, anyway, and who cares about the other people, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

The cute phrase 'promiscuity packs' was used by an infamous poster on tcdsu.org, who set up at least three user names in his time, mainly to throw abuse around, say that the SU is a pack of wasters, give out about the (supposed) gay agenda etc etc. Sounds familiar?

So welcome to Boards.ie, you charmer.

Serenity wrote:
    I'm getting bored of you quite fast.............

You're getting bored of me? Well why bother replying then? I take it you mean you don't like my opinions?

Aren't you great? Personally I couldn't give two hoots who'll be taking up space in house 6 this year.

*waves*

EduCat wrote:
    The cute phrase 'promiscuity packs' was used by an infamous poster on tcdsu.org, who set up at least three user names in his time, mainly to throw abuse around, say that the SU is a pack of wasters, give out about the (supposed) gay agenda etc etc. Sounds familiar?

So welcome to Boards.ie, you charmer.

Oh wow, we have an ICT graduate in our midst who puts 2 and 2 together back to this IP address. Aren't you the clever one?

i'd personally have no problem with you mouthing your discontent with the SU and tha kinda stuff if you gave us an inkling into where you coming from. have you worked within/with the TCDSU? did they wrong you some how? ARe you still a student? You're 26/25 are you a grad? Mature student?

Oh wow, we have an ICT graduate in our midst who puts 2 and 2 together back to this IP address. Aren't you the clever one?
    3 day ban, cause your an absolute muppet.

for the record educat has no access to ip details from boards.ie , even moderators don't only the admins.

i think he was refering to the tcdsu message boards.

i think i've met this dude before. you probably know him too bobo. i'll say no more until he has posting power.

i think he was refering to the tcdsu message boards.
    it appeared as if he was drawing a paralell between the two , to me and others.
    i think i've met this dude before. you probably know him too bobo. i'll say no more until he has posting power.
    I may have met him, but my opinion of him hasn't changed.

• Advertisement

bring dublinguy2004 back! great poster.

Advertisement