Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher

Options
  • 08-07-2005 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi All

I am not sure if this is the proper forum for this but here we go.

I have recently moved house & the previous owners left a Candy cd 242 dishwasher. We put it on but I kept going all night. I have tied a number of settings but it doesnt seem to shut off its cycle. I have tied to get the instruction manual off the net but couldn't find it.

Am I missing something obvious or does anyone out there have a similar machine & can give help?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Candy are crap, machine is broken probably, buy a cheap bosch, it b the best money uve ever spent, trust me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Seems like that was the reason they left it behind.
    Does it do anything , is the water connected and turned on.
    When you put it on first it is supposed to drain out water and then start its cycle.
    Does any water go in or out?
    2 possibilities
    1/ The control dial at the front may be broken
    2/ there is something blocking the water going in or out in which case the cycles will never go forward.

I had a similar problem in that it kept going all night
    When I investigated it seemed that it was trying to pump out the water but couldn't, I found a broken cup handle inside in the pump which stopped it working.
    Anyway best of luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I had a similar problem with my dishwasher. When you twisted the dial all the way to the first setting it would stick on it all the time. However if you twisted almost to the second setting instead it would work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

The best dishwasher of all, is de wife ;) No seriously, then bleeding dishwasher should be avioded, they block up drain pipes with all the gunk they pump our plus the swallow electricity like George Bestand booze ! Aviod at all costs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Does it have a dial that rotates ?
    I know people that have one that stops after two minutes, nudge the dial and away it goes again, been like that for years ;)

If it's electronic push button, then power off at the mains overnight and try again. Some of those you can hold the buttons in sequence to get flashing lights that mean something on the service manual - but even harder to find thatn the normal manual.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

netwhizkid wrote:
    The best dishwasher of all, is de wife ;)
    why do brides wear white ?
    to match the other domestic appliances

Advertisement