Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights Live Soccer

• 08-07-2005 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Great games everywhere you look. Except Bray vs Longford. :D

Cork City vs Bohs
    Derry vs Finn Harps
    Rovers vs Drogheda
    St. Pats vs Shels

Galway vs Limerick

All matches bar the Derry match look to be very close contests. Cork City will have a tough outing vs Bohs in what is undoubtably the game of the night. Why the hell is this match not on TV? :rolleyes: Big crowd expected, but City have struggled in the past when they are playing in front of an expectent Cork crowd. Bohs are in excellent form too and appear to have a settled side. I think it will be a score draw.

The Pats match is a repeat of the League Cup match on Monday. I see that Hawkins and Alan Moore are back from injury so those 2 could swing it in favour of Shels again.

Derry vs Harps is another big game. The North West Derby looked a bit of a farce earlier in the season. But since the 1st game, Finn Harps have began to pick up a few wins and Breen & McHugh look to have found their range after struggling early on. Still I see Derry being too good for them.

Galway vs Limerick is a big game for both teams. Galway still have an outside chance of getting in the shake up while Limerick are faltering in recent weeks. Tonight will tell us a lot. Galway to win for me with Levine to get 2 goals.

For those of you not busy packing for Oxegen I recommend you make it to one of these games tonight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Cork City vs Bohs
    Derry vs Finn Harps
    Rovers vs Drogheda
    St. Pats vs Shels

Galway vs Limerick

Speaking of games on tv, feckin Shels on again, albeit delayed coverage, but we NEVER win on the tv it seems this season.

Alan Moore won't start tonight, but he may be on the bench. Good news that Hawkins is back, as we desperately need a centre half, as in recent weeks we have had two weak left fulls filling in in that role (Rogers and Crawley) and it has meant we have been leaking goals. Crowe and Jason Byrne look to have at least realised they are playing on the same team, and seem to be scoring again, whch is great news. Shels have already beaten Pats this week, but they will have a different side out tonight. If we can't be beating the likes of Pats at this stage of the season, then we don't deserve to win the league. Also with the Glentoran game on Wednesday, players will be looking to impress. Shels to win.

As for Cork City versus Bohs, well it is clearly the game of the evening and should prove to be a great piece of entertainment, unless of course, Bohs do what the genius Noel King said, and go to The X and sit back defensively. But I can't see that happening, as they are two footballing sides who will be in the shake up come November. I'll go for a score draw in this one.

Derry have been playing really well under Kenny, and the Northwest Derby should be a formality, but the teams around Derry will be hoping for an upset in this one. Head rules the heart on this one, so Derry to win.

Rovers versus Drogheda in intriguing, Drogheda should be well able for this Rovers team, but they could always pull a performance out of the bag. Rovers to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

7:45 kick off at St. Pats I suppose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Aye. G'wan the Shels! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Bohs have a good first 11 but will struggle if they pick up any injuries. Here's hoping they dont!

Results coming in now.

Cork City 2-1 Bohs
    Pats 0-1 Shels
    Rovers 1-0 Drogs (as predicted by moi :) )

Looks like Derry might hang on for a 3-2 over Finn Harps.

Not really much change at the top then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

What a wonderful game at Turners Cross. Where were your cameras Setanta? :rolleyes:

Brian Kerr said it was the best match he'd seen this year. I'm too excited to write anymore. :D

Ill be more composed (like Neil Fenn) tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

What a wonderful game at Turners Cross. Where were your cameras Setanta? :rolleyes:

Brian Kerr said it was the best match he'd seen this year. I'm too excited to write anymore. :D

Ill be more composed (like Neil Fenn) tomorrow.

Cork must be playing really exciting stuff , their game against UCD really impressed but to follow up a great performance like that with another of similer magnitude (from what it sounds like) is amazing ) . Must make sure to watch the highlights on Monday .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Must make sure to watch the highlights on Monday .

Skip the pats shels game , it was horrible must be the tv voodoo again, nothing of note happened a good away win without actually doing anything :(

God we need a striker, and a ball winner :(

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

great game at the cross last night, very entertaining football from both teams, pity it wasnt televised.

Neal Fenn has really grown into his role since Doyle left, with every game he just seems to be getting better and better, his touch is superb, his vision is excellent and he seems to be developing a great understanding with John O'Flynn. His lay off for Flynny's goal was straight from the top drawer, a magical little back heel into his path. Pity he cant run though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Pity Bohs didn't get at least a draw last nite,Cork looking very strong for the league..Bohs for the cup ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Bohs didnt deserve a draw last night, as City totally outclassed them pretty much from start to finish. That said though, City were lucky at the end. John Paul Kelly missed a sitter from 6 yards with 5 minutes to play. It ended up going over The Shed, out onto the Curragh Road!!!

As far as advertisments for the domestic game go, this was one. Two good teams who like to play football. It was a high tempo, skillful game, which at times threatened to boil over. If Setanta would bother thier arses coming outside Dublin for a change it would be nice.

The ref last night was shíte. Two stonewall penalties turned down. One, for a blatant handball inside the box, he gave a freekick, just outside the box, 2/3 yards from the incident.

Neal Fenn was class last night. His touch is world class. His set up for the opener was outstanding. J O Flynn is certainly getting back to his best.

Celtics head scout was in attendance last night :(

Speaking of dodgy refereeing decisions, the one that got Richie Baker yellow carded last night was a definite penalty, blatant trip in the box, as the tv shows, and just before it, in the same move there was a free kick just outside the box.

Couldn't believe it.

Anyway, it didn't change the result.

Bring on the Glens, seemingly Shels will be wearing a Blue jersey for this game :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

seansouth wrote:
    Speaking of dodgy refereeing decisions, the one that got Richie Baker yellow carded last night was a definite penalty, blatant trip in the box, as the tv shows, and just before it, in the same move there was a free kick just outside the box.

His flying ninja attack on Fahey should have been a straight red.
    So be grateful for that yellow 1 less game he suspended for.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

gimmick wrote:
    Celtics head scout was in attendance last night :(
    I doubt Celtic will sign another striker. Gamble would be the most likely of all the players if someone was to go.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I doubt Celtic will sign another striker. Gamble would be the most likely of all the players if someone was to go.

According to todays Echo, they he was there to see George, who by his own standards had a poor game. But he was quoted as saying that Flynn, Gamble and O Donovan impressed.

Apart from Flynn, they are all under contract for the foreseeable, so, if we do lose one of them, at least there will be a fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I was talking a freind of Mick Conroy and he said that he was there to watch George O'Callaghan. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

excellent win for galway, hopefully we will move up the table now.

Great to see that Cork won again. Can see them winning the league this season. Cork seem to have this nack of getting average irish youngers who were let go by english clubs and turning them into decent players.Roy o donovan seems to be flying now which is great to see.
    Wonder how liam kerney will do at reading now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

and george hant signed his contract yet, which means that he's out of contract in november... :(

galwaydude wrote:

Wonder how liam kerney will do at reading now.

Kevin Doyle is gone Reading, Not Kearney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

KdjaC wrote:
    His flying ninja attack on Fahey should have been a straight red.
    So be grateful for that yellow 1 less game he suspended for.

kdjac

that's why I'm not grateful for it ;)

Missed the shels game but saw it today, absolute garbage but Hoolahan was sublime and got a cracker.

• Advertisement
Advertisement