Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CNet CWA-854 Wireless-G & Port Forwarding

• 08-07-2005 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭

I recently got a CNet Wireless-G Router and I'm having a bit of trouble with Port Forwarding.

I've googled, searched here and portforward.com, but nothings came up.

I set up the BT standard issue Zyxel as a bridge. I also tried setting the ports in the "Advanced > Special Apps" section - but I'm still getting NAT errors in Azureus. There are other settings on that page that are required (see attaced image), but I'm not sure what they should be for BitTorrent...

Anyone have any ideas what they should be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Should this be in another forum? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

You know to forward ports 6881-6889 right? Here's a small diagram to explain why;

PortForwarding.gif

Even if I use different ports for bit-torrent?

(and I tried to set up 6881-6889 using the above method, changed the port in Azureus, still getting a NAT error.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

i use 60000 coz some trackers block the default ports this is why you sometimes get 6881 is blacklisted so just forward the wierdest port possible and forward it ;)
    i got 210KB/s on bittorrent after

Jakkass wrote:
    i use 60000 coz some trackers block the default ports this is why you sometimes get 6881 is blacklisted so just forward the wierdest port possible and forward it ;)
    i got 210KB/s on bittorrent after
    That's the reason for 49152 :)

• Advertisement

For some reason with this router I havent had to forward any ports. Using BitComet here btw.

Advertisement