Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which X800Xl OC's best?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

it would seem that none of them are particularily good for overclocking, just wonderin if anyone has gotten any decent Oc out of a particular brand.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I had a Sapphire X800XL and it was very good. A very nice OC'er IIRC. Nothing superb, cos they don't take external power other that the PCI-E slot, but quite good nontheless. I think I OC'd mine to X800 Pro speed/capabilities. The pipelines are laser cut so a flash won't unlock them, unfortunately.

Sapphire are a good brand, if I were to go ATI in the morning I would buy Sapphire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Well your the guy to ask .... do you think I'd get a better OC from a 6800gt / would I see a performance increase over the x800xl with an OC'd xfx6800gt?

theres only afew quid in the difference, €338 vs €360 or thereabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Yes, I think you will definitely get a better performing OC from a 6800GT PCI-E than from an X800XL.

This is my opinion only, from having used both in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

My Sapphire X800XL does 475core 600 memory

• Advertisement
Advertisement