Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange upgrade

• 08-07-2005 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is anyone I can call to get a list of when an exchange is due to be upgraded for broadband?
    I have asked Eircom a few weeks ago but thet couldn't tell me.
    I have moved house recently an I needed to go back to dialup which is driveing me crazy. My local exchange is Cloyne in Co. Cork.
    Dont think there is any wireless networks there yet (please proove me wrong) and I am not going to pay for the satelite option.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

have you tried irishbroadband?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Cloyne is not on the list of exchanges to be upgraded by March 2006 so it will be after March 2006 , ring 1800503303 for more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

galactus wrote:
    have you tried irishbroadband?

Sure did. I am actually with them from my previous location. I rang them up and told them I was moveing. They said that if I am outside the city i would not be able to get connected. 2 months left on that contract so it would be cheaper to pay the 2 months rather thatn having to pay up for the uninstallation fee.
    I was also onto www.airwaveinternet.net. They told be tat BB should be available in Cloyne before the end of July hopefully.
    I also tried Amacom, Digiweb and all the usuall suspects.

Advertisement