Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hello hello...:)

• 08-07-2005 1:44pm

As Daithí has pointed out in a different thread, I'm the Education Officer come Monday or so. And anyone who posts here occasionally will notice how I'm fairly accustomed to boards.ie, so I'm not going to go anywhere.

I'm just throwing up this post as a hello flag so that if anyone has any queries or questions about anything in particular, you can send me a private message here or email me (education AT tcdsu DOT org) and I'll get back to you quickly.

If you've any problems with exams (including repeats), drop up to the office, email me or PM me. I'm based in House 6, on the first floor (on the left and down the corridor as you come to the top of the stairs). Also the rest of the gang (John - President, Tom - Deputy President, Steph - Welfare, Niall - Ents) are starting on Monday too.

So that's about it. Hello! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

hello to you too Myth and good luck~!:)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Bring back the other guy, tbh

serriously, Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Yeah good luck there's somethings that I would like to contact you about and I will in due course :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Good luck Mr Mythical Pimp. I may have to contact you over something Daithí was helping me with earlier in the week if it doesn't get sorted out by Monday, sorry in advance for the early work if I do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 howdareyou

It's beyond me why anyone would contact the "Education Officer" of the "Students' Union" when they could go to their tutor or, if serious, the Student Counselling Service. Surely those options would be much more efficacious. Perhaps there are legitimate reasons, but is he (or she) really worth the money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

In my opinion yes, very much so.. The most useful of the sabbatical officers gan doubt. My tutor is the most useless chap alive and why the hell would the student counselling service care about unwarned exam paper changes, bad/truant lecturers or any other of the countless questions about exams/resits/repeating/labs and educational logistical problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

DoNotFeedTroll.jpg

Nothing's ever useful or efficient until you've needed to make use of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I've found education officers in the union very useful (disclaimer, i've been known to be a bit of an SU head in the past, adding this as an upfront declaration, but this isn't just a 'go team union' rant).

I have a great tutor, but still would wander into the SU education officer to ask random questions or get things clarified.

Anyways, good luck with the year Myth! I guess 'edu-myth' isn't going to catch on, then? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Because I, for one, find Daithí far more attractive than my tutor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Because I, for one, find Daithí far more attractive than my tutor.

Hmmm, my tutor's a hottie, but there's something about Daithí...

• Advertisement

cuckoo wrote:
    Hmmm, my tutor's a hottie, but there's something about Daithí...
    It's the glasses. And the warm smile.

newdaithismall.jpg

Everybody... awwww.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i think a little pee came out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Can you remind us who the other officers are? I know Steph 'cos she used to work for me but the rest have slunked off into amnesia!

Since I'm for some reason still up...

Pres. - John Mannion.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0509/qanda.html
    Check out Q.5

Tom Dillon's the Dep Pres.

http://www.tcdphil.com/showphoto.php?photo=449
    Plenty more pics floating about...

I'm Edu, Steph's Welfare, and Niall's Ents. Pic of Niall here, he's at the middle back.

There should be shiny new pics up sometime over the next week or so on tcdsu.org...

aodh_rua wrote:
    I know Steph 'cos she used to work for me
    I didn't know she was available for hire ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

bumped into niall tonight. nice guy.

i bumped into Pet on grafton street yesterday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

I hate that picture...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ApeXaviour wrote:
    My tutor is the most useless chap alive
    haha wonder if its the same one as mine, useless ****er who had no interest whatsoever. Talked to him once in first year and that was it, hate the mofo... certianly will be bugging Myth for any/all my issues....

Had best get started:
    How come the world is flat Myth?

ah tutors are a bit hit and miss. mine secretly smokes in his office.

hey myth, how come the golden pages are yellow? why aren't they called the purple pages and be coloured purple?

• Advertisement

I knew I should have said "Education type Questions".

I'm going to go with fate for both questions. What do I win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Too late now,
    Why are oranges orange?

i'll give you today and tomorrow off, then, i'm flooding your inbox with awkward educational assoiciated questions. actually, i've a question i'm going to ask daithai right now. it's not for myth's ears.

damn educat is quick, got an answer back in 2 mins, on a saturday! i'm going to spend the rest of today thinking of questions he can't answer in 2mins, then give them to myth. ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

howdareyou wrote:
    It's beyond me why anyone would contact the "Education Officer" of the "Students' Union" when they could go to their tutor or, if serious, the Student Counselling Service. Surely those options would be much more efficacious. Perhaps there are legitimate reasons, but is he (or she) really worth the money?

Depends; I had trouble with missing re-registration last year, it normally takes at least a week or so to track down my tutor; Dathaí was able to help me out with it immediately. They do a good job, generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

i bumped into Pet on grafton street yesterday...

Dude!? Wtf? I was at Oxegen! unless I astrally projected, there's no possible way that could be true..I think you just saw a black hat and thought "there's pet". Didn't it strike you as odd that this person didn't recognise or acknowledge you!?

but they waved at me and smiled, wtf?!

Did you wave first?!

Describe this person to me! I want to know what my double/astral self looks like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Possibly it was a mirage; it's been quite warm lately :)

• Advertisement

they waved first and smiled. i was listening to music and kinda in my own world dreaming away...
    he had brown hair and was kinda skinny, maybe you should post up a pic?

there are loads of pictures of the handsome pet floating around this place. did you say Hi Pet to some total randomer? ha, no wonder they smiled and ran off.

there are loads of pictures of the handsome pet floating around this place. did you say Hi Pet to some total randomer? ha, no wonder they smiled and ran off.
    Couldn't have put it better. If someone said "Hi, pet" to me I'd do exactly that.

you could respond:

"how you doing?"

Advertisement