Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any help at all would be great guys ?

Options
  • 08-07-2005 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me . I have put the following into my webpage to allow users to go to links . The only problem is it loads the page into the parent and not into a blank one which i want . No wizz on HTML unfortunatly prob simple
    to do

Any hekp would be great guys .

//--> <body>
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    // original code by Bill Trefzger 12/12/96
    function go1(){
    if (document.selecter1.select1.options[document.selecter1.select1.selectedIndex].value != "none") {
    location = document.selecter1.select1.options[document.selecter1.select1.selectedIndex].value
    }
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    document.write('<form name="selecter1"><select name="select1" size=1>');
    document.write('<option value=none>Select your destination');
    document.write('<option value=none>
    ');
    document.write('<option value="http://www.test.com/home.html">Home ');
    document.write('</select>');
    document.write('<input type="button" value="Go" onclick="go1()">');
    document.write('</form>');
    // end hiding contents -->
    </script>

</body>// end hiding contents -->

Thanking you in advance

Al

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Use window.open to open a new page instead of location. The location is a property of the current window and as such will only open a new href in the same window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Ianaldo

Try this for this line just changed the target was all:

document.write('<input type="button" value="Go" target="_blank" onclick="go1()">');

Advertisement