Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6610i software query

• 08-07-2005 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Have just got a Nokia 6610i online from o2 (having had my 6230 robbed the other day :mad: ) and having powered it up and unlocking it it seems very slow changing between menu's etc.

I checked the software version and it V 4.10 date 08/10/04 which seems quite old, can anyone else confirm what the latest software is for this phone. My other reservation is that as soon as I put put the new 02 sim card that came with it it started receiving text messages from some nutcase trying to text her ex boyfriend....so I have my suspicions this may be a re-furbed phone (but doesnt that doesnt explain all the sms to this as a new number??)

Anyone able to advise (especially on the software version)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Hi
    I got one of these recently and the software is disgracefully slow. Terrible lag on the screen. So much that while scrolling through the meny system, you can still make out the last menu item even when it has changed to the following one

Also, I flashed it with many different flash files and that didnt help. Incidentally, ther is a 4.2 version dated 20/04/05, but it doesnt make the slightest bit of difference.

Looks like the processor used in the 6610 was held onto and they put the camera etc on this one also and never upgraded the processor. Poor bit of kit from Nokia I have to say.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

ya was thinking of buying this phone, but online offer from O2 seemed too good too be true
    Looked up reviews on www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk and apparently phone is crap!
    Ppl have had nothing but trouble with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭samo

I returned this back to 02 and got a new one out of the store as thought maybe had just got a one off bad handset and the 2nd one is exactly the same.

Like you say Wolfman, the screen is just disgraceful - when you are scrolling through the settings the previous screen is still visible from before, really unimpressed so this is going back to O2 as well ....so still no fone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Thats odd, I have never had any problems with mine like that, its 6 months old.
    Mine was bought up north and so was my mates who had no probs either, maybe bad batch?..only difference i can think of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah I bought one for my GF, no problems there either?

Except the camera is appalling. Just as bad as the 3200.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

*#0000#

Check the firmware version and just let us know what version you are running. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭samo

Well its back with O2 while they 'decide' if a refund can be processed

The software in the 2nd phone was the same as the 1st V 4.10 date 08/10/04 - guy in the store seemed to think it was perfect but compared to even a 3410/3310 the blur and delay on the screen is just unreal.

Incidentally...I returned this to O2 6 days after purchase, its a speakeasy phone that apart from the sim card being removed and put in the phone for 5 mins (No calls/texts etc ever made or received) and it doesnt even look like it was ever used or opened but O2 are saying I'm not automatically entitled to a refund just because I'm not happy with the quality of the phone - Anyone know if this is the case or are they just chancing their arm??

Its currently being sent to their head office for 'further assessment'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

wolfman wrote:
    *#0000#

Check the firmware version and just let us know what version you are running. Cheers

Im running V4.2 from 2004 and no bother with the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I'm running v3.10 dated 26-03-04, it seems old but have had no problems with it.

Advertisement