Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter at midnight?

Options
  • 08-07-2005 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭

Anyone queueing up for HP at midnight saturday week?

Quant a moi, i'll be at Easons in O' Connell street [dublin] from about 9pm along with whoever I can drag along / trick into coming.

*girlish giggle*

Anyone? Yes? No?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

nope i've got mine paid for and it will be held for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bigmouth

No way! You cannot be serious! I thought I was a fan. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

My, that was a fast reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Ah I'll queue for the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Booked and paid for, and I'll collect at a more appropriate hour

Aah, no life in any of ye. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

maybe ill get a friend to buy it if i get it.....how much yee fanatics pay for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It should be pretty fun. People will be going in costume to my local midnight opening.

The radio station I work with is going to do a live broadcast from it as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

there had better be somebody in a starfleet uniform or it's not worth it's salt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

I'm paying €16 but my bf is got his for €9 dont ask how cause he wont tell me!!

The Hughes bookshop in St. Stephens Green have a really cool competition where the winner will be dressed up as Harry Potter, and then will get a spin on a specially comissioned Luas decked out as the Hogwarts Express

I liked it for the last book when Waterstones in nassau street changed its name to ''Flourish and Blotts'' :D and a bank in town changed its name to ''Gringotts''.

such things are cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

how old are you people. actually, which nut house did you escape from... Qing up at midnight to get a kids book.... and they say we should be careful of terrorists. you are whats wrong in society....

god damn :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

tails2 wrote:
    how old are you people. actually, which nut house did you escape from... Qing up at midnight to get a kids book.... and they say we should be careful of terrorists. you are whats wrong in society....

god damn :confused:
    Yep. People with a passion for literature are what's wrong with society...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

dudara wrote:
    The Hughes bookshop in St. Stephens Green have a really cool competition where the winner will be dressed up as Harry Potter, and then will get a spin on a specially comissioned Luas decked out as the Hogwarts Express

the winner, jesus, what does the runner up get? tarred and feathered?

they get dressed up as the Quaffle and get beaten by the bludgers. :D

God, that's a scary amount of HP knowledge for someone who really isn't a huge fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

*Page* wrote:
    I'm paying €16 but my bf is got his for €9 dont ask how cause he wont tell me!!

Huh I payed €20 for mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

theCzar wrote:
    the winner, jesus, what does the runner up get? tarred and feathered?

The winner gets TWO spins on the Luas dressed as Harry Potter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

The winner gets TWO spins on the Luas dressed as Harry Potter.

Actually laughed out loud!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

I hate that specy lil fecker.

Anyone who actually queues for tha deserves a slap!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

banquo wrote:
    I liked it for the last book when Waterstones in nassau street changed its name to ''Flourish and Blotts'' :D and a bank in town changed its name to ''Gringotts''.

such things are cool.
    did this really happen??

Yeah, for the last 2 books. It was just nice to see a place making the effort when they didn't have to.. I mean, they're going to sell thousands of copies anyway but it's nice to see them having a bit of fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

i just hope some 40 year old wins.

Heh. Her ex-husband or something.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

No, I'm boring and have reserved mine, however I might queue up for the seventh book. I decided it would be rude to queue up for this one after what happened last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kenshi

What happened?

I can't be bothered retyping the story, I'm going to go look for my other post on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 oden91

How long will it be?

Advertisement