Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRRM UK signing tour

• 08-07-2005 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

I just noticed that George RR Martin is doing a signing tour in the UK in October. I've just sent him an e-mail asking would he be droping across the water. Maybe he'll reply. If he does I'll post it up here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

I just spoke to one of my contacts at Harper Collins (Mr Martin's UK publisher). The tour is still in the organising stage and they are waiting feedback from bookshops and they will make a final decision on the tour. My contact thought it "likely" that Dublin would be on the list but stressed that a final decision has yet to be made. They hope to have a final decision made before Worldcon at the beginning of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

If you check his website on the FAQ (I think), there is asection about why don't you come to my local book store. It explains that you will have to get a bookstore to apply for him to come and make a signing there. Emailing him probably yourself won't cause him to come to ireland.

But if he comes I'll probably be one of the people there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I finished A Storm Of Swords five minutes ago.

I still have a stupid grin on my face from all the revelations and plot twists in the last hour's worth of the book. "Holy crap" seems appropriate. A Feast For Crows is going to be something a bit special...

And his website is claiming it'll be out on the 8th of November, for the US at least. Won't be long now, hopefully. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

eh ... lol duno what webpage u looking at but feast will be relaesed on oct 17 \o/ cant wait :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I just checked his website. No Irish visit :mad: . The UK tour is

October 18-25, 2005
    U.K. Book Tour
    October 18, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
    6:30 pm Ottakar's, King's Lynn
    Ottakar's, Norwich
    October 19, 1:00 - 2:00 pm 7:00 pm Border Books Music Cafe, Leeds

Waterstone's Deangate, Manchester October 20, 1:00 - 2:00 pm

7:30 pm Forbidden Planet, Birmingham Waterstone's, Nottingham

October 21, 12:30 - 1:30 pmn 5:00 pm Red Lion Bookshop, Colchester
    Forbidden Planet, 179 Shaftesbury Ave London WC2H 8JR At the Junction with Neal Street
    Nearest Tubes: Tottenham Court Road, Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Holborn
    October 22, 1:00 pm Borders Glasgow, Scotland
    October 24, 7:00 pm Ottakar's Portsmouth
    October 25, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
    7:00 - 7:30 pm Ottakar's Woking Ottakar's Basingstoke

I was hoping for an irish visit. There musn't be enough of a persence for it here.

We'll all just have to wait for the book.

I just hope Tyrion doesn't get killed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

After the amount of people he's pissed off, he'll have a hard time of it. :)

Advertisement