Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just wundrin...

Options
  • 08-07-2005 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering out of curiositys sake how many of us boardies have to repeat?I remember going in to the bar bout two weeks before the exams for a boards meet up and how we laughed and joked bout our lack of study while we pretented to read kitten killers notes.And for those glorious 3 weeks after the exams when you can just wait in hope that maybe some miracle has happened and they've marked the papers easy!its odd though cos i aint botherd at all bout failing-actually its kinda fun seeing all the other mischevious folk in blackrock in august who dont bother studying during the year-u feel united with them like we are all rebels with out causes or sumthing...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I'll be back in august for 1!

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

panda100 wrote:
    I remember going in to the bar bout two weeks before the exams for a boards meet up and how we laughed and joked bout our lack of study while we pretented to read kitten killers notes.

Check you inbox for links to the photos :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

I'm repeating! I'm a newbie bordie!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm repeating! I'm a newbie bordie!

You do Arts don't you? So many people on this forum do Arts.:)

Yeh, hopefully going into 2nd yr next yr :) u in ucd 2?

• Advertisement

You do Arts don't you? So many people on this forum do Arts.:)

That's so odd, when you compare the Trinity board to this board. We mostly have engineers and scientists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Repeatin 2nd year Politics exams in August at Caerysfort Av.

So it seems all those who attended that booze-up before the exams were spookily accurate as to our lack of preparation!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

SebtheBum wrote:
    So it seems all those who attended that booze-up before the exams were spookily accurate as to our lack of preparation!!! :D

Yeh, i hate those people who go on about 'O my god i'm so screwed for these exams! I'm definately gonna have to repeat.'

& then are all chuffed with their 2.1's!

Btw the above post is in no way based on any boardsies, no matter how well they did.
    Tis just my own personal rant!
    That is all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Just wonderin' if Zane is still banned? until when?

i think the majority of the trinity boardsies passed. All that matters is that we're all back in the fall. Go team repeat UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'll be back in august for 1!

*sigh*
    Ditto.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Good luck y'all - i'd hate to be studying instead of sunning myself in the garden :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Red Alert wrote:
    Good luck y'all - i'd hate to be studying instead of sunning myself in the garden :cool:

yes 'tis unfortunate, out of ten of my mates doing my course half of them failed, a couple even failed all four subjects :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Happens more often than you'd think in 1st science.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

panda100 wrote:
    actually its kinda fun seeing all the other mischevious folk in blackrock in august who dont bother studying during the year-u feel united with them like we are all rebels with out causes or sumthing...
    Yeah I remember I used to enjoy that, cos you'd be in college studying with all the like-minded ppl on your course, and it just seemed more relaxed for some reason :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

speaking of studying............has anyone actually started yet?

also, im only posting my re-entry form tomorrow :/

Eh... No comment.

I'm gonna start today.
    No, honestly.
    Stop laughing, I'm really starting studying today!

Ok, fine, I'm mostly playing computer games but I'll start studying soon.
    No, honestly...

Well at least Blackrock is home to many a pub for post exam blues!!
    Does anyone know if the exams are harder?

depends really. some of the maths dept's exams are really awful, a bit like a kick in the teeth apparently :mad:

Nah, if anythin they're easier.
    The same stuff that came up in the Summer exams usually comes up again, so just learn off a few catch-all answers and at worst you'll pass. Probably.

Well at least Blackrock is home to many a pub for post exam blues!!
    Only if you have a real asshole of a lecturer - that said it has happened to me once, was not a nice experience. Still I've repeated 7 exams out there and it only happened once so I reckon you should be safe enough :)

Oh and Seb stop playing computer games, you should be out sunbathing!

• Advertisement

Hey! I worked hard for this milky white skin - it took years of staying indoors and hissing at the merest hint of sunlight to get myself this vampish complexion.

*Hisses out window at sun*

So no, I will continue the computer gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Know what you mean :)

I went outside today and nearly melted, and that was at 17:30h!

Been swimming in the sea for the last two days- great craic :D

i wish all exams were in the blackrock campus - much nicer place than belfield or rds

I feel asleep in the sun today, thankfully not for long as mum found me. My nose is getting awful red tho'! :eek:

Yeah yesterday evening we trained outside on the grass pitches opposite the sports centre because it was so nice out (and also because the table tennis ppl stole our hall :mad: ) - got some funny looks from people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Red Alert wrote:
    I feel asleep in the sun today, thankfully not for long as mum found me. My nose is getting awful red tho'! :eek:

ah bless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ehhhhhh 4 weeks from tomorrow before 1st year Sociology part deux begins. I soooo can't see myself ever studying for it. It pisses me off that I'm gonna have to study for a subject that I have absolutley no intention of doing next year. Surely they can come up with a better system for cases like this via compensation or something on those lines.

tribulus wrote:
    Been swimming in the sea for the last two days- great craic :D

I don't know why I've broke my sh!t laughing at that comment....... were you wrestling sharks or something SBoy? :D

I don't know why I've broke my sh!t laughing at that comment....... were you wrestling sharks or something SBoy? :D

No it was seals actually :p

if you want a good study place for the repeats, try belfield ona saturday :eek: was there today and didn't see one person while i was walking down the main concourse

Advertisement