Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC Specs

Options
  • 08-07-2005 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

I know everyones probably sick of commenting on proposed spec, but I plan to order this little lot this evenin, If anyone has any comments then please do let fly

from komplett
    Amd 3700+ SD
    250 gb seagate barracuda 7200.8 sata Ncq
    Sony DVD DRU-800A
    2 x 512mb Corsair 3200xl
    x800xl Sapphire Ultimate

From overclock.co.uk
    Asus An8 Premium motherboard
    Tagan 530 u-22
    Akasa Evo -33 cpu heatsink

all to go into my Akasa eclipse that i got a couple of weeks ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Looks very nice. Will be a nice machine.
    Wanna buy a 3800+ Venice instead of the SD? Mine will be for sale, or straight swap for a 3700+ SD soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Yeah get a venice chip and swap the Sony drive for a Nec 3540A as sony drives are overpriced rebadged brands!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

How much for the chip wiz
    What are you going for now?

Dunno yet. Rev E cores can only push the FSB so far (~270Mhz) before becoming Prime unstable. I need to be able to run at ~300Mhz FSB. Prob go for a Winnie or an FX55 - although the FX is so expensive I doubt I will.

(As you can imagine, my sig is out of date.)

Will be looking for €340 for the chip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Just for anyone interested a Brand New(non-overclocked) 3800+ Venice can be got for €385 at komplett.ie

• Advertisement

zuma wrote:
    Just for anyone interested a Brand New(non-overclocked) 3800+ Venice can be got for €385 at komplett.ie
    Um, thanks zuma!

That's where I looked to see the current price, from which I deducted ~11% for my starting price. Most people posting on this board in particular have a fair grasp of where to find cheap components.
    Aswell, with all the kit I go through a fair amount of people who visit this board have bought from me and can testify to the high quality to which I keep, and sell, my secondhand gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Nah I think I'll go with the 3700+ (now that i've waited this long for one!)

I've picked out some nice low latency ram, I know bugger all about Overclocking but i'm eager to learn and give it a go. Do ye reckon I'll be alright to squeeze a bit of extra performance out of this corsair stuff?

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=300699&view=detailed

Advertisement