Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good RPG's for the GC.

Options
  • 08-07-2005 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Just got a GC yesterday and being the massive RPG fanatic that I am I'm looking for some quality RPG's on it.

Reccomendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

Paper Mario
    Tales of Symphonia
    Skies of Arcadia

in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Tales of Symphonia
    Paper Mario
    Skies of Arcadia... in that order :rolleyes:

...i cant think of any more

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Baiten Kaitos is another excellent RPG.

That and what has been mentioned are the only ones I can think of apart from the Lost Kingdom games that aren't meant to be spectacular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

Rhyme wrote:
    Tales of Symphonia
    Paper Mario
    Skies of Arcadia... in that order :rolleyes:

...i cant think of any more

haha - ah well, at least we agree on Skies of Arcadia being third.

not that many RPG's on consoles that I'd recommend anyway.

mmm...Fire Emblem for the Gamecube will hopefully come out in October, but that's about it.
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    Baiten Kaitos is another excellent RPG.

That and what has been mentioned are the only ones I can think of apart from the Lost Kingdom games that aren't meant to be spectacular.

and Baten Kaitos is an excellent RPG? How does the card-system work? Does it detract from the gameplay?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Khalim wrote:
    mmm...Fire Emblem for the Gamecube will hopefully come out in October, but that's about it.
    Damn straight, and with heavy Advance wars influence right down to the battle system its going to be a game to get

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Khalim wrote:
    and Baten Kaitos is an excellent RPG? How does the card-system work? Does it detract from the gameplay?

Yes it is good. Go and buy it now. The card system is very good, in fact I'd say it's the best for any RPG. The thing is that the most of the cards aren't consumable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles...definately not your normal FF game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I was gonna pick it (FF: CC) but I didnt have a clue about it. Whats it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

Slurms wrote:
    I was gonna pick it (FF: CC) but I didnt have a clue about it. Whats it like?

The general consensus is that it's great if you have three or four players (all with GBAs, of course), but not really worth it if you plan on playing it on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

final fantasy cc and i know it isnt exactly a rg but eternal darkness has some qualities of a rpg

• Advertisement

Final fantsay CC is quite possibly the worst GC game you can buy unless you have at least 1 friend (3-4 recommended) to play it with you. It also isn't even an RPG. It's a far less enjoyable Secret of Mana game.

1huge1 I have Eternal Darkness, great game!

Ok I wont get FF:CC, so Baiten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia seem like the ones to go for?

Don't forget Skies of Arcadia. It's a fantastic game and easily as good as the other 2.

but i dont have that much money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you can find Skies of Arcadia, it should be very cheap.

Its on eBay but i doubt ill get it cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you come up to GAME in Tallaght over the next few days, you'll get it for under 15 euro.
    (I traded it in this evening... got it a month ago, then realised I hate turn-based battles, and I hate random battles even more)

I live in Blanch and I'm too lazy to go all the way to Tallaght :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Well you can't have it all for nothing..

(I traded it in this evening... got it a month ago, then realised I hate turn-based battles, and I hate random battles even more)

You really missed out. Random battles annoy me but i'll stomach them especially if then game is as good as Arcadia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You really missed out. Random battles annoy me but i'll stomach them especially if then game is as good as Arcadia.

Spot on. Played this to death on Dreamcast and thought it one of the finest. Have been tempted several times to get the GC version, but I don't think there is anything extra to really bother.

Advertisement