Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arrival times

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

LiamD wrote:
    I sure hope there's not 350-400 people here! They'll put 4 people in a room again ffs.Who told you that?

One of the RA's, I can't remember which one. And I said I think, so I'm not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

they've put 4 people in a room before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Yeah last year after the shower fire they had to revise the rooms and some ended up with 4, but that was with only 290 or so people there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Afaik they're not allowed to put 3 people in a room unless it's at the corner. Fire risk or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I've been in a 3 bedded room before with someone in 2003 with someone who did philosophy last year in session 2, was not a great experience with said person

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

if you're in a three bed room, what do you do for floorspace? what if you need to do situps? what about the closet-it's tiny enough for one person. where do you put all your stuff???? oh god, i'm so afraid i'm going to get a threebed room...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

It's basically whoever arrives first gets the good bed and wardrobe all to themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That's true alright. Happened to me in 2002. You won't sleep in the campbed. I'm 16, if I found someone in my room when I got there, I'd ask them to move, since they're sleeping in the campbed. Then I'd make them... Seriously, the camp beds are hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I thought they stopped putting three beds in rooms last year, breach of health and safety or something. Speaking of which, for our architecture class like 4yrs ago we did a site survey on res, and it breached regulations in everyway possible,

No upstairs fire escapes,
    Corridors too narrow,
    you cant fit wheelchairs in the doors,
    Overcrowding in rooms,
    No elevator,
    No bathroom ventilation in some rooms,
    The angle of the stairs was too steep.

Cant remember the rest.

Um, they have wheelchair rooms. Some of the corner rooms on the ground floor are modified. THey're huge, it's great.

They can only have 3 beds in rooms that are right at the end of a corridoor, otherwise it's a fire risk

Dave: I was in a double room once, we switched beds every 3 nights. Twas only fair.

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    Um, they have wheelchair rooms. Some of the corner rooms on the ground floor are modified. THey're huge, it's great.

They can only have 3 beds in rooms that are right at the end of a corridoor, otherwise it's a fire risk

Dave: I was in a double room once, we switched beds every 3 nights. Twas only fair.
    Oh yeah I want one of those wheelchair rooms. Theyre the shiznit! Im f ucked if i get a double room though with all the guitar gear and stuff.

you could always leave it on someone else who has a single rooms room

What exactly do you mean by campbeds, i didn't see any last yr?,(my 1st yr)

Fold up really uncomfortable beds in the middle of the floor

Raphael wrote:
    you could always leave it on someone else who has a single rooms room
    Im gonna try to get a common room to lock drums and music gear in.

I'll be in early tomorrow, I'll try sort that out when I get there. The only thing you should keep in your room would be guitars and stuff. Amps and the kit can be locked in a common room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

I'd better get a single room this year, have shared for the past two years. I've got a fairly hefty keyboard to bring, hopefully ye'll get that common room.

...No I didn't switch beds at all. I got there early, I got the bed. End of story!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I hope I get a room to meself with just one roomate....I didn't actually mind being on the cmpbed this year but It'd be good to have more space.

modular wrote:
    ...No I didn't switch beds at all. I got there early, I got the bed. End of story!
    That's your decision if you want to be an ass I guess

Well, im off to bed, ill see all of you tomorrow(I hope no-one gets a camp bed)
    Ill be doin Psychology, ;)
    _____
    .Shane

• Advertisement

Yeah, seriously, the campbeds suck so much ass, they're horrible. And I think we all know the real reason you want a room to yourself... :p

Whatever could u mean? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Shhh! ;)

The camp bed wasn't *that* bad....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Hahaahaaaahaaaa... camp.

Hahahahaha... Billiam strikes again!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Not to worry Liz, if it comes to it you can borrow my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

In quite random news (except not, because it's the thread'ss topic) I'm leaving in ONE HOUR! Thus, I shall be arriving in DCU four hours from now. Woot!

Yeah... I should get off the computer and finish packing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

Raphael wrote:

Yeah, I realise how scabby it was now. If I get the double this room, I will share. My roommates never suggested it or anything.

Raphael wrote:

you just know that the gods of fate will have you's sharing now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Hey everybody! Have fun at Session 2, post all the happenings on here so us Session 1 people can see what's going on.

Advertisement