Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV brutal tonight

• 08-07-2005 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else experiencing awful, sub-56k performance from UTV clicksilver this evening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm with Esat (or BT, whatever its called now). I just subscribed to the official Celtic FC streaming channel today and have been watching it since 5.30. It didn't buffer at all for the first hour but since 6.30 it has been buffering non-stop. If this is going to be a regular thing I'll have to cancel the subscription to the channel which is outrageous. :mad:

BTW - surfing websites seems to be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

On Clicksilver myself and it looks ok so far - not doing anything intensive though. Still, it does get brutally slow often enough, sometimes boards.ie pages even seem to load slower than on dialup...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

On UTV here and no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Seems OK now... earlier it was bloody abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Goes like that every night for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Paschcom

I've been having recurring connection problems with UTV, ever since my 3 month free trial ended, about 2 months ago. It seems to work ok in the evenings, but most days I can't get connected at all. I've been on to UTV lots of times and have rebooted the DSL router lots on numerous occasions, and changed various other configurations, with limited short term success.
    They tell me its an Eircom problem, and a number of their customers have the same problem, but nothing has changed in 2 months, and now they tell me they think its a problem with the Creative DSL router, and they're on to Creative.
    Has anybode else had similar experiences with UTV, or is just me they are p...ing about with? I've threatened to cancel my registration, but if it really is an eircom problem in my area - Rathfarnham, then it won't make any difference switching to someone else! Also their customer service is very poor, and they never call back when they say - no surprise really I suppose!
    All suggestions gratefully accepted (I've already threatened to throw the PC out the window!)
    Cheers
    PS. I'm writing this from work, as BB wasn't working at home, last night! :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Paschcom wrote:
    I've been having recurring connection problems with UTV, ever since my 3 month free trial ended, about 2 months ago. It seems to work ok in the evenings, but most days I can't get connected at all. I've been on to UTV lots of times and have rebooted the DSL router lots on numerous occasions, and changed various other configurations, with limited short term success.
    They tell me its an Eircom problem, and a number of their customers have the same problem, but nothing has changed in 2 months, and now they tell me they think its a problem with the Creative DSL router, and they're on to Creative.
    Has anybode else had similar experiences with UTV, or is just me they are p...ing about with? I've threatened to cancel my registration, but if it really is an eircom problem in my area - Rathfarnham, then it won't make any difference switching to someone else! Also their customer service is very poor, and they never call back when they say - no surprise really I suppose!
    All suggestions gratefully accepted (I've already threatened to throw the PC out the window!)
    Cheers
    PS. I'm writing this from work, as BB wasn't working at home, last night! :mad:

Try emailing carl@u.tv giving full details. He is propably your only hope when it comes to a problem like this. It has not surfaced as an issue in the UTV support group so he may not be aware of it. (utv support group - is news.utvinternet.com in your newsreader and then utv.support) By the way you cannot connect to the utv news server unless you are connected to UTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Straight Flush

Ever since yesterday evening my Clicksilver has kept disconnecting about every 30 mins. Very annoying.

Advertisement