Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I check my NTL download stats?

• 08-07-2005 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got a link or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

This is a pretty common question!

Answer:
    NTL dont have a stats page like BT/eircom so get your hands on DU Metre or NetLimiter for rough estimates.
    Keep roughly to the Monthly CAP/30 days...simple!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

zuma wrote:
    This is a pretty common question!

Answer:
    NTL dont have a stats page like BT/eircom so get your hands on DU Metre or NetLimiter for rough estimates.

Damn, it would be handy to have that though. Good job NTL arn't too strict on the caps. Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Well if you dont do the dog on a 2Mbit DSL connection(except UTV) I'm pretty sure you can get away with downloading above your CAP without much trouble as well.

Going to town and downloading 100GB+ is too far but on BT...I'm sure 30GBor40GB in a month wouldnt raise too many eyebrows.

My personal opinion at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

zuma wrote:
    get your hands on DU Metre or NetLimiter for rough estimates.
    Note that DUMeter (haven't used Netlimiter) monitors all network traffic on the single machine it's running on, implications:
    - if you have more than one machine or have non-PC newtork devices - their usage isn't monitored.
    - when you transfer data to/from the machine DUMeter is running on then DUmeter measures this - even if it's within your LAN.

Ideally your gateway/router would have decent traffic/error/etc. monitoring built-in.

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Net limiter can monitor download/upload stats of individual programs/processes running on individual machines.

You get a handy stats page and such...so if you download all files using Flashget, then you can get day/week/... totals when you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

juliuspret wrote:
    Net limiter can monitor download/upload stats of individual programs/processes running on individual machines.
    That's better than DUMeter.
    But it still doesn't monitor other network devices - like XBox, VoIP phone etc.

causal

Advertisement