Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS error

• 08-07-2005 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭

This is annoying me, ive got the propper DNS servers in and when i use my modem directly there is no problems whatsoever. but when im using my router and im downloading i start getting the DNS errors again. Its like my internet connection just dies but the only thing that works is my download.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Which BB are you connected to???

I think we need a sticky with DNS lists for each of the major providers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Im connected to BT, ive got the 192.111.39.1 + 192.111.39.4 dns servers in. Its just that when i download using the router i keep getting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

I'm connected to BT, but I use Zen's (UK Based ISP) DNS servers because they are so damn fast with domain updates, which is what I happen to do alot of the time and I got fed up with waiting for BT to update their servers.

Like I'm talking minutes for a update. Spooky.

But the thing is the DNS servers i have now work, its just when i download with the router, bam...cant connect to webpages, updates, msn ect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

I have BT as well.

My DNS Server addresses are:

Found them back in March...but I have no problems with them.

• Advertisement

When im connected to my modem directly everything is fine, the dns servers i have currently are fine. Its when i download with my belkins wireless 54g (or somthing close). I cant get through to my modem settings, when i connect to the router settings only about half the page loads n stuff.

Pages load with loads of red X's and sometimes looking like the text came from notepad, grr9pe.jpg This is all that loaded of my router page, anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

If your having troubles with loading your router web interface. Its not a DNS issue, its a router issue and it sounds like its ****ed. Flash it with the newest firmware to see if that helps (if you can even get at the upgrade page) if not, it sounds like new router time.

Advertisement