Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G licences

Options
  • 08-07-2005 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Read here

Apart from the Big news above does anyone know the differences between a 'A'
    licence and a 'B' licence??

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

One of the main differences is the amount of coverage they have to have by a certain date..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I believe the A liecence gives more spectrum than the B liecences. The non existing operator (also "3") was given one in the UK too as I think it's meant to make their life easier than the existing operators. I'm trying to remember as it's been a long time since I read about this stuff so could be talking total arse :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

3 are compelled by comreg to allow virtual mobile operators on their 3G network whereas Vodafone and O2 aren't

Advertisement