Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiwebs NEW DSL Packages!!!

• 08-07-2005 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭

I realise that this has been posted in the Ireland Offline forum already...but I feel that it should be in the Broadband forum as well to stimulate public reation.
    If I am incorrect then please move/delete.

Righ then Digiweb have doubled the CAPS in their 1Mbit and 2Mbit packages.

Look here Digiwebs New Offers.

At €43 a month incl. VAT the 2Mbit package is far and away the best 2Mbit on offer.
    BT prices their 2Mbit at €40 with a 24GB CAP...with Eircom/UTV having a lowly 16GB CAP(Digiweb 1Mbit has a 20GB CAP!).

Views and reactions???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Nice, what I'd really want is more upload, with 128 it's just such a pain to download and browse or play online with more then one or two players. Still it shows that €ircoms caps are utter rubbish - they could implement these caps too if they really wanted to compete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Personially I couldnt give two sh!ts, what eircom offers to its direct DSL customers any more as their 2Mbit(€54.45 per month.) connection is horrible expensive with a CAP which is currently lower than that offered by Digiwebs 1Mbit package!!!

If Digiweb can offer 40GB...then I expect BT(my provider) to offer 40GB(why they didnt at least double to 32GB when speeds increased I fail to understand).
    Honestly I think they should as not everyone will download 40GB in a month...but in an emergency its nice to know that you wont get a huge bill at the end of the month.

Is anyone here interested in moving to/currently with Digiweb and what are your reactions???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

zuma wrote:
    At €43 a month incl. VAT the 2Mbit package is far and away the best 2Mbit on offer.

Are you talking DSL only?
    NTL: 2Mbps/200kbps - 30GB cap - €35 per month
    NTL: 3Mbps/300kbps - 40GB cap - €45 per month
    I won't even mention cablesurf.

causal

Of course I was talking DSL......unless of course Digiweb have started doing cable broadband????

The name of the thread placed emphaisis on DSL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Honestly I think they should as not everyone will download 40GB in a month...but in an emergency its nice to know that you wont get a huge bill at the end of the month.
    What kind of internet emergency are you refering to? :D
    Personally, I think the BT 2mb package @ €50 incl. line and 24gb cap (€35 for new BB connections) is a better deal. Money and speed was the two most important factors when I moved from UTV to BT. 40 gig is nice but I wouldn't pay an extra €15 for it. The added bonus is not having to deal directly with Eircom.
    Also those new prices are only available to new BB connections so transferring is not an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Looks cool, but it still doens't beat UTV. Its easy to stay under 8GB a month once you're not doing anything illegal wink wink. And UTV have free local calls after 6, so I see no point in moving, as everyone increases their bandwidth UTV are bound to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Nice, what I'd really want is more upload, with 128 it's just such a pain to download and browse or play online with more then one or two players. Still it shows that €ircoms caps are utter rubbish - they could implement these caps too if they really wanted to compete.
    i get good pings on games now on BT Broadband with a 128KB/s upload:
    45 :: FarCry & MultiTheftAuto
    40 - 60: Call of Duty
    70 - 90: CSS

Jakkass wrote:
    i get good pings on games now on BT Broadband with a 128KB/s upload:
    45 :: FarCry & MultiTheftAuto
    40 - 60: Call of Duty
    70 - 90: CSS

upload speeds have nothing to do with pint times.

mp3guy wrote:
    Looks cool, but it still doens't beat UTV. Its easy to stay under 8GB a month once you're not doing anything illegal wink wink. And UTV have free local calls after 6, so I see no point in moving, as everyone increases their bandwidth UTV are bound to follow.

I wouldnt bet money on UTV increasing their CAP and their current bandwidth is 2M/128k...which eircom controls.

kaizersoze wrote:
    What kind of internet emergency are you refering to? :D
    Personally, I think the BT 2mb package @ €50 incl. line and 24gb cap (€35 for new BB connections) is a better deal. Money and speed was the two most important factors when I moved from UTV to BT. 40 gig is nice but I wouldn't pay an extra €15 for it. The added bonus is not having to deal directly with Eircom.
    You do realise that some people dont have their line rental with BT(myself for example) and that €3 more a month for a 40GB CAP appears like a very nice deal.
    Also those new prices are only available to new BB connections so transferring is not an option.
    Actually they are for all customers...only Free installation is applicable to new DSL customers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

zuma wrote:
    C'MON, C'MON, I HAVE TO GET TO THE PUB!

(I beg to differ.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

zuma wrote:

They do not affect it assuming there is enough bandwidth to transfer the data that is required to play the game online..

128k should be sufficient but that is assuming the whole 128k is being made available.

You do realise that some people dont have their line rental with BT(myself for example) and that €3 more a month for a 40GB CAP appears like a very nice deal.
    Thats my point. The all in 2mb package from BT is a better deal than having BB from one provider and line rental going to another.
    Where are you getting €3 from?
    BT = 2mb, incl line, 24gb cap - €50pm
    Digiweb = 2mb + line, 40gb cap - €43+€24.18 = €67.18pm
    So it's €17.18pm extra for the bigger cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Where am I getting €3 from?

Excludeing line rental which I have no control over:

BT
    €40 a month

Digiweb
    €43 a month

Line rental will be €24.18 a month whatever I do(Smart is far cheaper if you make calls to other Smart customers most of the time)...with the extra 16GB costing €3...I think its a good deal.
    Remember kaizersoze not everyone can just jump to another phone provider as easily as you.

Remember kaizersoze not everyone can just jump to another phone provider as easily as you.
    Well juliuspret everyones personal circumstances are different and I never said don't sign up for Digiweb if you think it is right for you. There are also many who cant jump to another broadband provider either because of contracts and whatnot. If we only discussed BB packages that everyone could avail of, it would be a very short discussion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Caps, caps, caps. I'm staying put until eircom start implementing charges on breaking the cap.

Hey mang87,

How much would download in a month?
    I'm trying to get a feel of how much people download in a month and see if the doubling of CAPS by Digiweb will be of much use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

zuma wrote:
    Hey mang87,

I'm trying to get a feel of how much people download in a month and see if the doubling of CAPS by Digiweb will be of much use.

why are you trying to get a feel for this..

You are a bit excitable aren't you?

You are a bit excitable aren't you?
    :D:D:D

zuma wrote:
    Hey mang87,

20-28gb

• Advertisement

mang87 wrote:
    20-28gb

On eircoms 2Mbit product?
    Whats the most you have downloaded in a month and have eircom ever contacted you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

zuma wrote:
    Of course I was talking DSL......unless of course Digiweb have started doing cable broadband????
    Oh but of course :rolleyes:
    In your original post you said
    Views and reactions???
    It would appear you're more interested in reactions than views. ;)

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

zuma wrote:
    Whats the most you have downloaded in a month and have eircom ever contacted you?
    300+gig
    Eircom didnt contact me because I dont use them, I use a real ISP.

causal wrote:
    Oh but of course :rolleyes:
    In your original post you said
    It would appear you're more interested in reactions than views. ;)

causal

What a waste of a comment that must have been!

zuma wrote:

.... 28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    300+gig
    Eircom didnt contact me because I dont use them, I use a real ISP.

wow that's a lot! who is your isp?

zuma, WellyJ is the boards.ie's download champion, he leeched like 100 gigs in a month, he is our version of William Wallace ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

hum, I wonder will the existing costumers be switched to the new packages.

I got BizJet in work last week (45 ex vat/55 inc vat) 2mb down/128 up with 20gb cap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

My simple question has to be are DIGIWEB any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

CyberGhost wrote:
    wow that's a lot! who is your isp?

zuma, WellyJ is the boards.ie's download champion, he leeched like 100 gigs in a month, he is our version of William Wallace ;)

My isp is one of the american cable providers.
    I know people from sweeden, who do double this every month. (gotta love 100 mbit fiber to the home)

WellyJ, champion?
    Nah. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Well Sweden and Finland, are the best! :)

btw, how is America's ISPs attitute about going over the cap?(if you have it at all) or downloading large amounts of data?

I forgot to tell you WellyJ is with eircom! so the data he leeches is truly heroical ;)

Advertisement