Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiwebs NEW DSL Packages!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Cap?
    I asked the lady in the shop did they have a download cap, and she said

"why would we do that now? that'd be like limiting the internet. That wouldnt count as broadband, would it?"

So I smiled, went home and queued up a few hundred torrents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

FuzzyLogic your downloading amounts dont really count as they are from a US ISP and as such are not representitive of anything that happens in Ireland.

Did a search on WellyJ...hes gone well over 100GB if his monthly usage charts are to believed!!!
    But people have been charged...~€200 for another large downloader!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Cap?

"why would we do that now? that'd be like limiting the internet. That wouldnt count as broadband, would it?"

How did you manage to send me that DVD then using an irish stamp?

I was home for a month, to do my leaving cert. :D
    Now I'm back in the states again.
    *ahem. what dvd.
    *ahem

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Cap?

Thats all very fine and well but you need it in writing or its worth crap with they come to charge you for going over the cap.
    :)

• Advertisement

cabaal: there is no cap.
    None of the DSL/cable/sat/wireless providers in the state have any sort of cap or download limit. Nor do they throttle my speeds.
    My point however, was not to 'boast' about my 'l33t phat pip3' however ;)
    My point was to show that when there are 6+ broadband providers in my area alone, they will do whatever it takes to get my business.

So competition really works....eeh???

That competition is something that eircom is clearly not interested in!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

yea, and Smart really scared them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

right instead of this getting into what they have in america can someone please answer my question. Is DIGIWEB any good?

Digiweb DSL is an eircom bitstream....effectively its as good as BT/eircom/UTV technically(unsure about customer support) and the 40GB CAP is excellent!!!!

Personially for high downloaders who have no control over the line rental costs it the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I've been with Digiweb for about 18 months. I had one 3 week outage which was blamed on Eircom - very annoying. Other than that I there haven't been too many problems and if you need to talk to someone in support they usually answer pretty quickly. I don't know if I'll be benifiting form the new prices - think I'll give them a ring tomorrow to find out.

I'm not a games player but here's the pings anyway:

Pinging boards.ie [82.195.136.36] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=56
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=56
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=29ms TTL=56
    Reply from 82.195.136.36: bytes=32 time=34ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 82.195.136.36:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 25ms, Maximum = 34ms, Average = 29ms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

zuma wrote:
    Digiweb DSL is an eircom bitstream....effectively its as good as BT/eircom/UTV technically(unsure about customer support) and the 40GB CAP is excellent!!!!

Personially for high downloaders who have no control over the line rental costs it the best.

On paper, you mean. The resellers provide their own transit connections and I believe some of the backhaul from a number of POP's in Ireland and there's plenty of evidence to suggest that they're not all the same. A while ago there were a lot of people complaining about Digiweb's ADSL services, but it has been fairly quiet recently so things have possibly settled down.

Blaster99 wrote:
    On paper, you mean. The resellers provide their own transit connections and I believe some of the backhaul from a number of POP's in Ireland and there's plenty of evidence to suggest that they're not all the same. A while ago there were a lot of people complaining about Digiweb's ADSL services, but it has been fairly quiet recently so things have possibly settled down.

Yeah a Digiweb tech started helping out people about a week ago...good service IMHO!!!

Still an extra €3 amonth for an extra 16GB onto my CAP seems good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Been on digiwebs bizjet at work for over a week now, here is few nits:

They don't tell you whats their dns, mail, news servers when the modem arrives.
    Not sure is this phone lines, digiwebs or the modems fault, but when using the zyxel 660(i think) modem in bridge mode with openbsd; when the modem is shut down, and powered on again openbsd can't connect anymore (so i have to restore factory settings, and configure the modem back to bridge mode).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 iluvbeer

Sent a mail to Digiweb when I heard about these new packages enquiring for
    my options about moving between the 1M and 2 M package. Just got this reply and I am not happy!
    The new packages are available to new customers only and our current customers will continue to operate under the previous packages although they can avail of the increased allowances on the monthly traffic quota. Ruairí Watters | Sales Executive, Digiweb Ltd. rwatters@digiweb.ie

So the existing customers will go on paying 38.99 while a new customer will get exactly the same for 29.95. I'm off right now looking at other providers available to me. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

iluvbeer wrote:
    Sent a mail to Digiweb when I heard about these new packages enquiring for
    my options about moving between the 1M and 2 M package. Just got this reply and I am not happy!

So the existing customers will go on paying 38.99 while a new customer will get exactly the same for 29.95. I'm off right now looking at other providers available to me. :mad:

Same with all ISPs I'm afraid....it depends on the Wholesale offer available from eircom at the time you are connected :( You can move to the new price at the end of your contract though....

crawler wrote:
    You can move to the new price at the end of your contract though....
    My initial contract of 12 months was up two months ago.
    I've been with Digiweb for a total of 14 months now.

Surely the existing subscribers are entitled to this? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

crawler wrote:
    Same with all ISPs I'm afraid....it depends on the Wholesale offer available from eircom at the time you are connected :( You can move to the new price at the end of your contract though....

BT Ireland offers the line rental bundle to everyone, new and old. To limit new price plans to new customers is daft. Unless it's a time limited promo, of course.

Blaster99 wrote:
    BT Ireland offers the line rental bundle to everyone, new and old. To limit new price plans to new customers is daft. Unless it's a time limited promo, of course.

eircom appear to have no problem chargeing existing customers the full €39.99 for existing 1Mbit customers and €29.99 for new customers!

BT may not have the highest CAP anymore...but they appear to be far more customer friendly than the ultra capitalist eircom(even US ISP's drop their prices!!)!!

Ok hes mailed me again to clear it up.

Customers who have completed their contract will be able to switch packages by emaililg/post/fax. My faith in Digiweb is restored. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

iluvbeer wrote:
    Ok hes mailed me again to clear it up.

Customers who have completed their contract will be able to switch packages by emaililg/post/fax. My faith in Digiweb is restored. :D
    Great, but does it mean that by availing of the new offers, you are entering into a new 12 month contract?

I think its a 6month contract now...........not sure though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

zuma wrote:
    I think its a 6month contract now...........not sure though!

Correct, 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I emailed Digiweb on Monday to upgrade to the 2mb package. They said it would take 48 hours but it was actually within 24 hours.

Flying along here and no complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

alleepally wrote:
    I emailed Digiweb on Monday to upgrade to the 2mb package. They said it would take 48 hours but it was actually within 24 hours.

Flying along here and no complaints.

Do you need to be a small office or business like the offer says?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

just realised eircom have dropped the price of home starter from €39.99 to €29.99, which my girlfriend is on, with the 12-month due to end in august. Is she stuck paying the higher existing rate until the contract ends, or forever or whats the story.

However the 29.99 has a 4GB download cap lol, ( compared to 8GB currently as far as im aware )

Im pretty sure eircom have said that current 1Mbit customers are supposed to pay the normal €39.99 a month with new 1Mbit customers getting it for €29.99.

BT on the other hand have dropped the prices for everyone includeing 2Mbit customers to €40(eircom still charge their 2Mbit customers €54.45!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Gegerty wrote:
    Do you need to be a small office or business like the offer says?

Wouldn't think so. I was on the Home package and I'm not small office or business.

No they only use the Business tag as a way of advertising their products to look cheaper(excl. Vat) and the Business tag also makes it appear as a premium product.

• Advertisement
Advertisement