Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein sensitivity at difficult time:

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah sure, should we expect any different? I laughed in a snorty fashion when I heard Adams message yesterday (remember London in the old days Gerry), and today its business as usual.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭79cortinaz

They might have been protesting over the "however the British Government has not disclosed the exact reasons for his detention" bit. And I also think th eissue represents a much larger issue concerned with the GFA and how the british government seem to be breaking bits of it, but no-one seems to worry about that.

I suppose, its more funny and cool to slag the whole thing off rather than actually thinking about it and wondering 'why did that happen?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

79cortinaz wrote:
    They might have been protesting over the "however the British Government has not disclosed the exact reasons for his detention" bit. And I also think th eissue represents a much larger issue concerned with the GFA and how the british government seem to be breaking bits of it, but no-one seems to worry about that.

I suppose, its more funny and cool to slag the whole thing off rather than actually thinking about it and wondering 'why did that happen?'.

I have no doubt that discussion is for another day. In this case they can hardly be expected to get any compliments with a protest about a former bomber the day after an atrocity.

totally agree. certainly a silly thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Should life stop because of an atrocity?

• Advertisement

no, but the protest organisers could have at least considered the reaction considering what happened recently. It just gives the detractors more to try and make snide remarks over.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:

a time to keep silence,
    and a time to speak;

Ecclesiastes (3.1-3.8)

79cortinaz wrote:
    no, but the protest organisers could have at least considered the reaction considering what happened recently. It just gives the detractors more to try and make snide remarks over.

The detractors will always find ways of making snide remarks and being petty.

TBH, any peaceful democratic protest that causes disruption of DB is good in my books

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

death to all IRA scum!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mike65 wrote:
    remember London in the old days Gerry
    yeah I can remember another double decker bus blown apart by a "suicide" bomber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

the IRA have not got the balls to be a suicide bomber,just hide behind bushes,still kill men women and children!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Capt' was refering to the 1996 IRA bomb which went off while being transported on a bus which killed the young shmuck carrying it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/18/newsid_4165000/4165719.stm

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

mike65 wrote:
    The Capt' was refering to the 1996 IRA bomb which went off while being transported on a bus which killed the young shmuck carrying it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/18/newsid_4165000/4165719.stm

Mike.
    The poor busdriver was left permanently deaf according to that. The bomber himself is no loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Last month, Northern Ireland Secretary Peter Hain revoked the north Belfast man`s early release licence and returned him to jail because of involvement in terrorist activities.

I would have no ploblem with Peter Hain with revoking more early release licences.

There were never meant to be "Get out Of Jail Free" cards.

As for the picket - these people can protest as much as they want. It is a free country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

79cortinaz wrote:

Not specificed, not specified?

This man was put back in prison for a variety of reasons, including being filmed leading a republican mob attacking unionists houses.

Why did this attack happened? Well minutes earlier rangers beat celtic in the footie.

Oh and this is the kind of man SF are campaigning for!

Sickening and contempatable.

mycroft wrote:
    Not specificed, not specified?

This man was put back in prison for a variety of reasons, including being filmed leading a republican mob attacking unionists houses.

Why did this attack happened? Well minutes earlier rangers beat celtic in the footie.

Oh and this is the kind of man SF are campaigning for!

Sickening and contempatable.
    Ditto, The level of mob politics in Northern Ireland is pathetic. Football matches are now all that's left to fight about seeing as british oppression is gone! The other bunch of scumbags on the Orange side are more than happy to go along with the brick-throwing game because it gives their otherwise worthless lives some 'purpose' too. The decent people of both sides need to take back the streets from these extreme scum. I really feel for them having to live with idiots like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

This all proves that these delusional SF-IRA people are totally sick in the head. Sure they can protest as much as they want, but the timing of this protest aptly demonstrates their true colours: as people willing to condone violence, murder, crime and atrocity in the name of some abstract vision of their perfect world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

The British Governments day of multiple murder
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_%281972%29

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Sinn Fein's day of Multiple Bombings Vs The British Governments day of multiple murder

People were released under the GFA under licence.

They can be returned at anytime.

Did people not know this at the time of the Good Friday Agreement?

Could copies of the agreement be passed around to these protesting?

• Advertisement

Exactly, the revocation of licences to remain out of prison are just as much a part of the GFA as the granting of licences to leave prison in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭catholicireland

What about Sinn Fein's day of Multiple Bombings Vs The British Governments 800 years of occupation and all the bad things they did down through the years. No comparison.

What about Sinn Fein's day of Multiple Bombings Vs The British Governments 800 years of occupation and all the bad things they did down through the years. No comparison.

I see if you want to go back 800 years then shall we bring back all the other normalities from centuries ago?
    Lets start with the spanish inquisitions...what was that all about then eh?

Thought so-lets not go on about the 800 years then,it's irrelevant to today.

Lets look at the topic at hand.There is absolutely no difference between Alqueda bombing London for political aims and the IRA doing likewise.
    SF supported the latter and laud those that did it, ergo they are being hypocrites when they express sympathy for the Londoners and some Irish murdered and maimed and injured by the bombs on Thursday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement