Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninja Gaiden: Hardest game ever???

Options
  • 09-07-2005 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

One minute I'm thinking this is the most fun game ever, the next I'm trying to strangle myself on my joypad wire.
    At the moment I'm in the church fighting the floating woman, who, according to some games faqs, is called Alma.

I didn't want to spoil the game by reading the rest of the faq, but can someone give me an indication of how much is left in the game?
    Or, what does everyone else think of the game??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

nope, Dizzy Egg was and still is the hardest game ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Glipmac wrote:
    nope, Dizzy Egg was and still is the hardest game ever!
    Oh dear god yes. I never did manage to beat Zaks.

But I did manage to complete Treasure Island Dizzy.. I was very proud of that.

Oh dear god yes. I never did manage to beat Zaks.

But I did manage to complete Treasure Island Dizzy.. I was very proud of that.

Very few people can say that they actually beat any dizzy game, you should be proud of yourself! im proud of you as well! :D

Glipmac wrote:
    Very few people can say that they actually beat any dizzy game, you should be proud of yourself! im proud of you as well! :D
    Why thank you.

Treasure Island Dizzy was sone of the shorter Dizzy games though. But you did only get one life.

It's so annoying when you make it to the end of the game and then you are told to go and collect all 30 coins... grrrr....

I also completed the one which was based on all the fairy tales. Daisy pricks herself on a spinning wheel and falls asleep and gets locked up in Zaks castle... what was that one called again.. it wasn't Fantasy Land Dizzy, that was the one with the really annoying wall of illusion bit.

Know which one you mean but cant rember the name, i am now playing fantastic adventures because of this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

One minute I'm thinking this is the most fun game ever, the next I'm trying to strangle myself on my joypad wire.
    At the moment I'm in the church fighting the floating woman, who, according to some games faqs, is called Alma.

I didn't want to spoil the game by reading the rest of the faq, but can someone give me an indication of how much is left in the game?
    Or, what does everyone else think of the game??

I've played a fair bit beyond that and I'm still not finshed yet. It gets harder :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm playing it at the moment and enjoying it immensely. In fact I only bought it last week. i'm flying through it as well, got to level 11 last night. It's tough but it's not as tough as people make it out to be. What people don't realise is that 'block and counter' is by far the most effective method of beating common enemies. As for the bosses all it takes is some analysis. You can't go in with your sword flailing. Each boss has at least one attack that will leave them severely open to counter attack. The trick is to find these and exploit them while just avoiding everything else. I haven't died on a boss battle in the game more than 4 times, except maybe the first boss. As for alma, just 'block dodge' her attacks and when she misses counter attack, the exception being the purple fireball attack which leaves here open for some ninpo magic during the attack. Have plenty on potions because she will grapple you a few times.

I don't understand all the moaning about this game. I've played far harder on older consoles and games like Gradius V, Devil May Cry 3 and Viewtiful Joe gave me a harder time (especially DMC 3 and it's lack of save points). not the hardest game by any shot, just quite tough. I think people just aren't used to a challenge in games nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

devil may cry 3 is a brilliant game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

There is a differance between difficult and challenging. Difficult is when an enemy is just given a ridiculous amount of health or really powerful attacks. It idint take them long to make it like that but it sure as hell will give you problems for a long time. But then there challenging , which may be a similar scenario only
    just the enemy has respectable amount health but is intelligent , dynamic and reacts to your actions. That way , it is challenging instead of ridiculous and makes for a much better game. Thats what games like GTA:SA fail to see as to make a mission difficult ,they just through endless waves of men at you which is difficult but not challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'm playing it at the moment and enjoying it immensely. In fact I only bought it last week. i'm flying through it as well, got to level 11 last night. It's tough but it's not as tough as people make it out to be. What people don't realise is that 'block and counter' is by far the most effective method of beating common enemies. As for the bosses all it takes is some analysis. You can't go in with your sword flailing. Each boss has at least one attack that will leave them severely open to counter attack. The trick is to find these and exploit them while just avoiding everything else. I haven't died on a boss battle in the game more than 4 times, except maybe the first boss. As for alma, just 'block dodge' her attacks and when she misses counter attack, the exception being the purple fireball attack which leaves here open for some ninpo magic during the attack. Have plenty on potions because she will grapple you a few times.

I don't understand all the moaning about this game. I've played far harder on older consoles and games like Gradius V, Devil May Cry 3 and Viewtiful Joe gave me a harder time (especially DMC 3 and it's lack of save points). not the hardest game by any shot, just quite tough. I think people just aren't used to a challenge in games nowadays.

I'm well up for a challenge, but still think this is a hard game!
    I beat Alma this morning, she wasn't too bad when I figured out that she dodges all attacks while in the air but is vulnerable when she stays on the ground. I'm now in the town again under siege from all the military forces trying to find my way to the radio base.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have fun with the tanks :D . However Alma is by far the hardest boss I've come up against in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

devil may cry 3 is a brilliant game

Yep then until you get to "Dante Must Die" mode and common monsters are dealing damage like bosses and are harder to kill and they just keep attackin!! They even do damage to you when your in Devil Trigger state!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Isn't there a new version of Ninja Gaiden which is slightly fairer/easier/pussier than the original? Was mentioned on another thread recently :-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2860853&postcount=14

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea its called ninja gaiden black or somethin. its just got easier modes in it and all the hurricane pack downloads.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    yea its called ninja gaiden black or somethin. its just got easier modes in it and all the hurricane pack downloads.

Easier? Whats the point. The fun of Ninja Gaiden is the challenge. Although sometimes it makes me want to hurl the joypad at the screen. Especisially in level 15 where I am and they expect you to fight 3 bosses in a row.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Totally agree with the point that challenging and hard are very different. If a game frustrates the player because it is too difficult the game has essentially failed in that area of playability.

Die, Repeat, Die, Repeat, Die Repeat doesn't make for good gaming. I like a challenge but if a game just makes it so hard that the only way to pass certain bits is to get lucky then the enjoyment stops for me and makes me not want to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Project X on the Amiga is the hardest game i've played

SCREEN.GIF

impr0v wrote:
    Project X on the Amiga is the hardest game i've played

SCREEN.GIF
    Yeah... that was rock hard... Really nice graphics though.

I think I once made it as far as the boss on level 3.

Advertisement