Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good sites for legally downloading electronic tunes!

• 09-07-2005 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

I'm sure some of you guys already know about these sites but for those who don't...

www.trackitdown.net
    www.trax2burn.com
    www.djdownload.com
    www.beatport.com

Excellent sites all of them especially trackitdown. I've found tons of great tunes off them as well as some I've been looking to get hold of for a while. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

www.epitonic.com

Also pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I was only going to ask about this the other day. Cheers lads.

Trackitdown.net - criminal putting trance and progressive together!! I like Beatport though, very well laid out site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

www.traxsource.com
    www.beatport.com
    www.recordstore.co.uk - entire GU back catalogue.
    www.epitonic.com
    www.trackitdown.net
    www.trax2burn.com
    www.djdownload.com
    www.beatport.com
    (allofmp3.com ?! :D)

Perhaps a sticky in lieu of one of the unused ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Cheers for the links foilks,ill have a look but doubt ill use them why bother when you can get them for free on Soulseek ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

lots of great classics on the nioldskool forum, everyone posts their own into the singles thread, got loads of great long forgotten tunes.

Dont know if they could be considered legal or not but most are long gone artists and labels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

jonny68 wrote:
    Cheers for the links foilks,ill have a look but doubt ill use them why bother when you can get them for free on Soulseek ;)

Lots of reasons...

Mods maybe we should sticky this it will be handy for myself and others as I can't be arsed bookmarking or remembering half the sites in question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

www.freshlymixed.com

€2 a month which isnt bad when it has entire Essentail Mix catalogue,
    John Digweed Kiss and others

class site for a small price

micks wrote:
    www.freshlymixed.com

Yeah I'll second that well worth the money too for what ya can get especially with a nice fat broadband connection... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

micks wrote:
    www.freshlymixed.com

#
    you can d/l the entire essential mix catalogue on that cajones site for free ;)

At what kind of quality out of interest? Never did anything but stream it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

jonny68 wrote:
    #
    you can d/l the entire essential mix catalogue on that cajones site for free ;)

ye but www.freshlymixed.com is always up and has much more than EM's

the quaility is pretty good but i would not be that well up on the exact science of bitrates etc but seems pretty good to me

www.stompy.com

Another good site I've come across, seems to have loads of underground house of the deep jackin' kind... :)

www.digibag.com

Another great (US) site for tunes. Loads of independent labels of mostly deep funky house with some hip-hop as well for all you scratchers!

Dug this out again to point you towards http://www.djmp3sites.com/

A site that trys to compile a large list of all legal DJ-friendly downloading sites.

Advertisement