Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

STOLEN: Skoda Octavia vRS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

ds20 you'd be better off throwing the keys at him, and saying it's going into the garage coz it's broken down.. and not letting on you've taken out the fuel pump fuse.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

css wrote:
    ds20 you'd be better off throwing the keys at him, and saying it's going into the garage coz it's broken down.. and not letting on you've taken out the fuel pump fuse.. ;)

lol. What's a fuel pump fuse? :)

The semi-auto DSs are a bit bewildering for the unitiated to start.
    First you have to realise that the starter switch is a pretend "gear". It's clearly marked "D" for démarreur. Oh, and the gear lever doesn't really look like a gear lever - more like a wiper stalk.
    Then you have to fiddle with the choke to get any sort of idle.
    Then you have to wait until the hydraulics pressurise, because you've no brakes, gearchange or steering until they do.
    Then you have to find the footbrake release. I still struggle with this one in the dark.
    Then you have to find reverse - it's clearly labeled "A", but of course you can't see it, and it only selects 50% of the time anyway.

Once all that's done, you need to make your quick getaway. With 60mph just about reachable in 20 seconds, the DS doesn't really do "quick".

All the while you're wondering - why is it so hard to rob a piece of crap that's worth less than a micra??

Sorry for the OT, PaddyFagan - certainly not having a laugh at your expense. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I got me a Disklok.

God help me if I ever lose the keys.

Apparently it takes a professional thief a minimum of 16 minutes to open one.

Car keys and disklok keys are never kept in the same place till I need to drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi Folks,

From a friend of a friend, who works in the motor trade ;) : I believe thirty "high powered" cars where stolen around the city over the weekend. Believed to have been shipped out of the country already :(

Looks like I'll be off car shopping once the insurance pays up....

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

PaddyFagan wrote:
    Hi Folks,

From a friend of a friend, who works in the motor trade ;) : I believe thirty "high powered" cars where stolen around the city over the weekend. Believed to have been shipped out of the country already :(

Looks like I'll be off car shopping once the insurance pays up....

Paddy
    Sorry to hear that man. I hope they catch the f*ckers that got all those cars. My car only got broken into a while ago and that was bad enough.. can't imagine what it's like to have them get into your house and take the keys, and you wake up in the morning and the car's gone.

I guess there's very little anyone can do really.

Well, I suppose all that's left for us is to wish you best of luck with the next one :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

That's tough man, your insurance is going to be sky high, my wifes Civic VTI was robbed a few years ago and burnt out, it was only a couple of months old. she ended up in a polo after that, never quite recovered and said she'd never buy a fast car again..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

When you buy a high performance car, the first thing you need to do is boil a kettle of water and pour it over the badges that mark it as being different from the run of the mill versions, this should soften the glue and the badge will come right off. Stick the badges in a drawer until it's time to sell the car on.

Yes I heard about an FTO that got stolen recently as well.
    Same time that I saw this thread started, I saw another on the owners group about their car being stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Can I ask where in Celbridge it is. I'm near Thornhill and apparently there's often cars getting snatched and intruders getting disturbed. There's a few high-powered models close enough.

I'm just concerned. My Punto is worth at least €1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

quarryman wrote:
    Can I ask where in Celbridge it is. I'm near Thornhill and apparently there's often cars getting snatched and intruders getting disturbed. There's a few high-powered models close enough.

I'm just concerned. My Punto is worth at least €1500.

Jeez, I didnt know that...I'm also near Thornhill and only the only other day neighbour knocked on the door to tell me that I'd left (well at least the kids had :o ) the passenger side back window open and to be careful but didnt know that was the reason or that cars had been snatched locally ...that is apart from Paddy's Octavia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

good luck and hope u find the car. some asshole robbedmy dads volvo s80 and the cops said the same that theres a few gangs robbing high powered cars and exporting them.

but my dad got his car back but was in bits eg gearbox and engine was blown

I'm in Raphaels Manor, I believe quiet a few have been taken around in the last couple of weeks. Appearently, there was a series of similar thefts in Maynooth and Clane a few months back.
    (How come you only ever hear these things after the event?)

Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

No doubt the Gardai have the situation in hand :rolleyes:
    Useless fooks! Too busy doubling the number of plods telling people they didnt indicate properly :rolleyes: , rather than actually catching the car thieving gangs that their afraid of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

My bro had a high powered cosser during the eighties, he alway kept the fuel gauge at bottom.
    The car was stolen 3 times, it was always found.
    Once at the bottom of our street.

From nightmare to fanfare - one of my co-workers found the car in an apartment complex carpark in Rathfarm!

(Haven't seen it yet - but it looked to be undamaged and locked....)

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

nice one... good to hear, keep us informed tho... try catch the b@st@rds with the car tho (with the gaurds near obviously)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

PaddyFagan wrote:
    From nightmare to fanfare - one of my co-workers found the car in an apartment complex carpark in Rathfarm!

(Haven't seen it yet - but it looked to be undamaged and locked....)

Paddy

Wait for the ****ers to come back for it. Appartment complex = loads of places to snipe from... :cool:

Remember though if you go get it (and dont shoot the guys that did it) they still have the keys and they know where you live... :(

Rew wrote:
    Wait for the ****ers to come back for it. Appartment complex = loads of splaces to snipe from... :cool:

Remember though if you go get it (and dont shoot the guys that did it) they still have the keys and they know where you live... :(

The Gardai have it impounded - it'll being going straight from there to a garage to have the locks etc replaced. (And onward to have a few additional security features installed ;) )

Paddy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Going GPS eh? Good move neighbour of mine had it on his Porsche. Online tracking, crash detection and panic button.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

great news paddy.

i'll keep an eye for you driving around celbridge. keep an eye on her now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Congrats Paddy - delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

excellent stuff, they will be sick when they come back to look for it in the apartment complex

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

PaddyFagan wrote:

Amazing, what are the chances of that? Are those thieves stupid, or wha?

Delighted for ya :)

Hope the car is still perfect. Will save you major hassle sorting all things out and waiting for delivery of replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

jeeze that's great news. Feckin scummers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Co Worker 'Found' it, how did he do that ?

Good news though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

Thats great news man, I'm delighted for ya!

Maybe its just the evil **** inside me but I almost would have been sorely tempted to get a wooden board and stick about 50 scalpel blades upright in it to hide inside the seat. The cleaning bill would almost be worth giving the nackers something to think about in the future! Almost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

shakenbake wrote:
    Thats great news man, I'm delighted for ya!

Maybe its just the evil **** inside me but I almost would have been sorely tempted to get a wooden board and stick about 50 scalpel blades upright in it to hide inside the seat. The cleaning bill would almost be worth giving the nackers something to think about in the future! Almost :)

ohh I like that one!

bazH wrote:
    Co Worker 'Found' it, how did he do that ?

Good news though

By an amazing stroke of luck - we'd been talking earlier in the day and I'd mentioned that the cops had said that cars taken in this way are often left in residential areas until the scumbags "need" them. On Friday evening he was on his way to the pub, walked by the apartment complex, spots a black VRs in the car park and decides to have a closer look in case it was my one - it was :D

Paddy

PaddyFagan wrote:
    By an amazing stroke of luck - we'd been talking earlier in the day and I'd mentioned that the cops had said that cars taken in this way are often left in residential areas until the scumbags "need" them. On Friday evening he was on his way to the pub, walked by the apartment complex, spots a black VRs in the car park and decides to have a closer look in case it was my one - it was :D

Paddy

And the guards didnt want to set up a surveilance?
    Then again, it might be a few weeks before they come back.

• Advertisement

PaddyFagan wrote:

Paddy

Congratualtions by the way :D

Now go and buy a lottery ticket. There might still be some residue luck.

Advertisement