Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

STOLEN: Skoda Octavia vRS

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

PaddyFagan wrote:
    From nightmare to fanfare - one of my co-workers found the car in an apartment complex carpark in Rathfarm!
    Paddy

Excellent news Paddy.

I suppose the old Megane will be getting another *bump* shortly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

That's fantastic altogether, absolutely delighted for you man, congratulations!! :)

Any news from the Gardaí in finding who took it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Borzoi wrote:
    Excellent news Paddy.

I suppose the old Megane will be getting another *bump* shortly ;)

Damn straight - Anyone want to buy an 03 Megane Coupe?

The keys are now with the Garda Crime Scene team in Crumlin - they should have finished with it in the morning, so I may have more news on any leads then....

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Great to hear you found it, I actually came to this thread because I had spotted a wine one zip through Fairview after the Dublin/Laois match yesterday.

It had a Kildare reg 05-KE-4560 I think and I thought that it might have been yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

thats great stuff paddy, just wanted to get my bit in..... :D

amazing story really. it would make you think twice before buying a flash car really.

id love a alfa sz.

id usually never get an alfa, but the sz is a bit of a turner!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Great to hear you found it, I actually came to this thread because I had spotted a wine one zip through Fairview after the Dublin/Laois match yesterday.

It had a Kildare reg 05-KE-4560 I think and I thought that it might have been yours!

Great news Paddy; I've been following this thread since the start, that's good to hear.

On a slightly different note, what was a Kildare fan doing up in Dublin for the Leinster Final!? Maybe picking up some tips on how to win a provncial title!? :D

COME ON THE DUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Thats lucky. Someone tried to break into my gaff at the weekend twice... tried to break the front door down... I can only presume they were after my keys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Sorry to hear about the attempts on your place HashSlining.

I got to see my car again today - perfect nick :D , looks like it was driven directly from my house to rathfarnham. Only my shades where taken from inside the car (3 years old, and scratched!) everything else was still there - driving licence, maps, even a few Euro worth of coins in the door pocket!

Hopefully the locks should be sorted by Friday, then on to be secured up....

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

PaddyFagan wrote:
    Sorry to hear about the attempts on your place HashSlining.

I got to see my car again today - perfect nick :D , looks like it was driven directly from my house to rathfarnham. Only my shades where taken from inside the car (3 years old, and scratched!) everything else was still there - driving licence, maps, even a few Euro worth of coins in the door pocket!

Hopefully the locks should be sorted by Friday, then on to be secured up....

Paddy

Keep an eye on the condition of the car over the next while, they could have taken thousands of miles off the lifespan of the clutch on their way if they felt that way inclined, glad to hear you're getting it back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

great news paddy, glad to see it all ends happy for some of us poor buggers who get our pride and joy stolen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ShockBlast RX8

Shower of **** for all the cars those scumbags robbed & set on fire I think it should be dubble for them Burn the Basterds. I know how you feel for some low life scum to take something you earned & worked for they get it for nothing i say Burn the Baxterds (sorry admin its how i feel i will ease down )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ShockBlast RX8

PaddyFagan wrote:
    From nightmare to fanfare - one of my co-workers found the car in an apartment complex carpark in Rathfarm!

(Haven't seen it yet - but it looked to be undamaged and locked....)

Paddy

Glad you got it back. and they all lived Happley Ever After

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Guy who lives near me, has a really nice Impreza. Had a couple of break-in attempts, so he bricked in the driveway, and put a removeable pole in the entranceway.

No more breakin attempts, although I worry for him in case someone breaks in and forces the key to the pole out of him.

Advertisement