Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio Heater - what to look for?

Options
  • 09-07-2005 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,
    Thanks to the miserable weather, we want to get a patio heater - any advice on what to look for and what to avoid? Our local DIY place has a tall one for €129 (plus €14 for the gas connector thingy), seems good to me? Do they come with different output levels??

Any advice appreciated!

thanks,
    BOF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

why not have a look at solid fuel patio heaters, a little more expensive but worth it..
    they have a good range of them at antique fireplaces up by the plamers pub in kilternan...from the m50 take the turn to kilternan...

gas fired ones have a tendancy to fall over in high wind...

the cheapest option is to wrap up warm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

mate of mine has one which has a built in gas-light below the heater, pretty cool adds a bit of visibility to the BBQ as well.
    They come in different power outputs - you get what you pay for guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

stag39 wrote:
    why not have a look at solid fuel patio heaters, a little more expensive but worth it..
    they have a good range of them at antique fireplaces up by the plamers pub in kilternan...from the m50 take the turn to kilternan...

gas fired ones have a tendancy to fall over in high wind...

the cheapest option is to wrap up warm :p

yep can burn the old rubbish in them also avoiding the bin charges ;) just kidding :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

stag39 wrote:
    they have a good range of them at antique fireplaces up by the plamers pub in kilternan
    Amazingly, some people don't actually live near Dublin at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

gregos wrote:
    Amazingly, some people don't actually live near Dublin at all.

:rolleyes:
    well i am sure they can be got in other places as well all round the country...if ur interested i think they can deliver all areas for a small price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bofarr01

Responding to my own question, I saw an electric heater in B&Q - looks just like the gas ones. Anyone know if this type is good or bad? It sounds easier than having to buy gas canisters and lugging lugging them around.

Advertisement