Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SuSE 7.0

• 16-06-2001 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

has anyone any expericence w/ SuSE ? I've installed a build of it + all seems to be fine but I'm having trouble with SaX (SuSE X win config tool). Does anyone know where i can get a copy of XF86Setup ? - it didn't come with the OS and I can only find dead links on the web

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Look for 'Xconfigurator'. Im using mandrake 8, but i know its been on any red hat distro ive tried too.

Its in my
    /usr/X11R6/bin/Xconfigurator
    folder. Run it as root(while your not in X) and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Weird, XF86Setup always came with previous versions of Suse. I used it to 6.4 but stopped when the guy asked for £75 for 7 :/

Anyway it should be on packages if u fire up YAST under X(servers)?

SAX is a bit dodgy at times. U should also be able to dl the latest version of XF86Setup at http://www.xfree.org but afaik it can be about 30 megs.

You could also try using xf86config which is alot more convulated than the other ways to set it up but should work if you have a good idea of your hardware smile.gif

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

What version of X is it ?
    In recent versions you can use "XFree86 -configure" to configure X.

Or as logic suggests, go mad and get the source from xfree96.org.

[This message has been edited by moist (edited 19-06-2001).]

Advertisement